1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto America Twins Cup Michael Barnes??

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

On a Chris Boy Moto Corse Ducati. That's the latest rumor....

MachineR1, KMC, MELK-MAN and 2 others like this.
  2. I’ll bet that bike will be built with cheap aftermarket parts :). That could be very interesting.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Well, I might be watching twins this year then.

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Wow...nice

5. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

The Twins class will be the class to watch this year...going to be a bunch of fast dudes fighting for podiums every round.

Metalhead likes this.
  6. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Parrish, Madama, Draik, Turner, Dumas, Austin P. and more? Yeah it will be good and fast up front. Throw in Tigert for a few rounds and maybe other wild cards like Robby Bobby or Bradley Champion and you’ll know you earned a podium if you find yourself there.

7. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Chris Bayes will be another

r6boater likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Barney for the win dammit. Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm! You kids will figure it out in 2019!

Odilup likes this.
  9. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

It will be quick. Chris's bikes are no joke.

10. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

Parrish is no spring chicken by any stretch.

Metalhead and rcarson15 like this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Yeah but does he smoke cigars and did he used to race on Yokohamas 30 years ago? I think not!:D

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

BTW Yokohamas on bikes for the uninformed

yokohama1 and Phl218 like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You might want to add that Yokohamas are/were tires too :D

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Now known as Shinkos......correct? Ive raced on those my first weekend

beechkingd likes this.
  15. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

It's true, I saw the bike mocked up at the shop last week. Custom exhaust going in. No idea about the motor. Knowing them it will be badass.

I almost went down that rabbit hole with MotoCorse. The bike they built me for CCS / AHRMA is an absolute BEAST. Engine alone was $10k though. At the time, there was 15 or so Big Bore Ducs and Bimotas in FL, so competition was good. Now, it's just not fair, as LW is back to being mostly SV's. (I look back now, and I don't know what the hell I was thinking.....$20k LW bike is insane!)

Anyway, It will be 100 HP easy if they do a full build. The heads are where the power is at on my Duc. The problem with the MA build is that you can't change the valve sizes, so a Ducati MA build would be back to experimenting. I was never willing to pay for that (That was Charlie Mavros' job). Also the stock wiring harness limits you to a flash tune type situation. Or you have to spend more $$ on custom wiring harness so you can use a pimp ECU.

A Monster in the right hands will be very dangerous, that chassis is pretty good.

For me, my thought was that even the most badass bike might move me up from 20th to 18th in MotoAmerica. That's not worth $20grand to me.

Also, my philosophy changed a few years ago when I realized that having the Class Killa bike doesn't do you any favors as a rider that is trying to improve. I won the CCS GTL race by a mile this weekend, but my mid pack performance on the SS R6 was far more satisfying.

Still fun to blast by all those poor SV's though :crackup:

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  16. Exactly. Money seems to be no object with that guy and he knows how to make them work as well.

17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

when ya stop riding the r6 like a LW bike, those "mid pack" mid weight finishes will be improved :) :)

Phl218 and ekraft84 like this.
  18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm working on it, dammit!

MELK-MAN likes this.
  19. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I won't go into details on his proclivities, but let's just say that he's "seasoned"...lol

regularguy likes this.
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

And here I thought they were (Japanese) cigars.