1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WorldSBK | 2019 | Round 2 | Pirelli Thai | Mar 15 - 17

Discussion in 'General' started by ljuice26, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

All I got out of this was Rea deserves a GP ride.

:D

MachineR1 likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, consistently finishing second to a former long-time MotoGP racer capable of top-five finishes as recently as last fall obviously proves beyond a doubt that Rea never deserved a shot MotoGP, but then what else are we gonna discuss here? :D

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

that Kawasaki should build a MotoGP bike, because well WSBK sucks

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Rea is a great rider and there is no way in hell he hasn't been offered somewhat of a decent ride in GP until now
    I think he doesn't want to do it, why leave a championship you dominate (used to) and his finishing midpack every Sunday? That's his logic probably,
    But I think if you've dominated WSBK, you have to move on and try your hand at GP, otherwise you're a pussy.

Mot Okstef and Pitdad42 like this.
  5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I don't quite understand the selling point of WSBK. Production-based bikes that are damn near prototype machines and cost hundreds of thousands? Eh, rather just watch GP at that point.

IMO, they should be allowed to swap bodywork (for sponsorship opps), rearsets, clip-ons, exhaust, tune and nothing else. Make those bikes legitimately stock with minor modifications that most owners would do. THAT would be interesting.

As it is, meh.

badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  6. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Davies has it dialed in? What are you smoking? He is no where near dialed in. Go check his post race comments. He's not close...

Scott47 and Prospect like this.
  7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Only us club racers would have taken that career killing job at Aprillia in GP.

He's had made. Winning, plenty of family time, good money. He'd be stupid to go to GP knowing he's flushing it all down the drain. Now AB has been his plumber on the Duc.

As far as Bautista dominating, I can't wait to see him at some technical tracks. All of his passing has been done without a draft and on a long straight. I think the crash thread may be revived

8. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

I want to see a real battle. Get rid of rev limits, then unleash Rea to battle Bautista.

9. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

LOL, you do realize the rev limits for the kawasaki are already higher than the street bike max by 3% right? Even if the drop the Ducati by the 3% they added, the would still be 1500rpms + higher.

turbulence likes this.
  10. Phanuel

Phanuel Well-Known Member

Valvetrain on the ZX wouldn't survive no holds barred RPM limits unfortunately.

The Duc is a monster in a straight line, but I don't see Alvaro having nutty corner speed compared to Rea. Hell, he's not even out braking him. He just gets on the gas and rides past him on every straight.

11. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I highly doubt that was the only seat he was offered after dominating WSBK the way he did over the past few years.
    He probably might have gotten a second LCR bike if he had shown enough interest in it, with Crutchlow providing some encouragement for it with Lucio and Honda. Hypothetical of course but given his achievements, he must've been offered something better at one point or another. Don't forget HRC gave him an RCV to ride at Aragon once.

12. jd41

jd41 Well-Known Member

13. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

Rea has his hands pretty full staying ahead of Lowes this year. He stepped his game up.

14. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

Or you like money, I bet he is making way more money with Kawi then what he would get in MotoGP.

BigBird likes this.
  15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I don't think Bautista has actually had to ride that hard yet, and probably has a bit in reserve.

turbulence, Phl218 and KrooklynSV like this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Him and crashlow don't like each other if i remember correctly

17. Pitdad42

Pitdad42 Well-Known Member

Same reason Sofuoglu stayed on the 600s. No one ever called Dale Earnhardt a pussy for not moving up to F1. Js

18. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Interesting, source?

19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

That's completely false.
    It was just some website twisting an interview of JR where Rea thought he could be as successful as Cal in GP if he was offered competitive equipment .

20. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Nope, Sofuoglu tried the 1000s but he couldn't make it work. The keyword here is 'tried'.