1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beto for president?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Jan 2, 2019.

1. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Agree. I love Bernie as a person but his politics are a big fat no-no for me.

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Groups from BOTH sides are calling GND loony left politics, how you keep trying to distance that clown from that fact is amusing to me, you know, since you're not a potential supporter.

GOP can TRY to appease the RINO's amongst us all they want. Ive made it clear to them in several mail-ins that they're going to lose me forever, if they fvvk with THIS Presidency..... many of us who are Trump supporters, don't even describe ourselves as R's any longer to distance ourselves from the CLOWNS (ie. RINO's) still in it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Prior to the election he had only been accused in a divorce and by someone suing him over other things - both of which were withdrawn.

Come on people, pick things that are factual to poke at Trump about, plenty out there. The shady business dealings is great. But skip grandma and dads supposed racism - that's not him and they were really money grubbing assholes not racists.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm curious, how can you love him as a person? He is a politician and has always been one. He has always spoken about all men being equal while considering himself much much more equal. Nothing about him is likable to me. I do admire his ability to work the system, takes some brains and gall but that sure as hell doesn't equate to liking him.

5. code3ryder

Don't disagree with that. To be fair, if he hadn't have paid off the affairs, they would have been a thing before the election as well.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, they would have. Not sure it would have made a difference but that part is still a moot point.

7. code3ryder

Because I believe he wants truly wants the best for the country. I find him to be genuine (how many other people in gov have been arrested over their beliefs?) You see him as selfish, I don't. I don't think that he needs to live broke to believe in the system that he does.

8. code3ryder

It is funny to see the change in the "values" of the right these days.

9. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

See ... this is my issue with him. He wants what he thinks is best, reality be damned. That level of disconnect is why I don’t trust him as a person. Then you add in the hypocrisy. He doesn’t “need” to live broke, but he obviously doesn’t even feel the need to pretend to practice what he preaches.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Wrong assumption. Our values haven’t changed, the game has. I would NEVER cheat on my wife. I would PREFER a Pres who felt/acted the same way. But ... in the end, that wasn’t an option. At that point, I don’t care enough about his past to not vote for him. Cut off your nose to spite your face ...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

See that I disagree with, I don't think he wants what is truly best for the country, if he did he wouldn't keep pushing the politics he does. He started broke and has made millions from playing politics. He has not given back to society until everyone is at his same level. He has not done what he says we should all do. That is selfish. I may not agree with the preachers who live and work in poor areas giving up everything they have to do so - but I sure as hell respect their commitment to their beliefs. Bernie doesn't remotely practice what he preaches - which is a huge indicator he doesn't believe in what he preaches as being viable for all people in the US - which means his intent is not the best interests of the country.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why the values of the right? It's the values of everyone but mostly the mid ground that are important. The hard core religious folks have always understood the hypocrisy in their beliefs. Best person to ask about finding the best prices on local liquor is a Southern Baptist after all :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I wouldn't either. I do think less of people who cheat. They obviously can't keep a promise. I don't expect any politician at any level to keep promises.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

You personally know Bernie? o_O

“I like Bernie as a person but I can’t stand his core values and what he stands for and who he is. Those are a big no no for me.”
    :crackup:

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So how do you feel about Jarred the Subway guy?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hiltler seemed like a great guy as a person. I just didn’t agree with his politics.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Adolph had some cool dogs.

18. code3ryder

The fuck? He was a great spokeperson until it was revealed that he's a pedo that needs a shotgun to the mouth.

19. code3ryder

Did he? Ordering the murder of people he disagreed with? Cause that's not political that's a person. Edit: and you knew him, right?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  20. code3ryder

Jesus are we doing the "I know" a celebrity thing again. :dead: