1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Zealand....WTF

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Motofun352, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

MTV appears to be Rob Dyrdek 24/7.

418 likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I think it is unwise to place any credibility in the writings of a lunatic. Yet people are picking and choosing parts of this coward's ramblings to quote and use.

sheepofblue and jrsamples like this.
  3. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Agree, but I would say again, the ability to be influenced by those sources and things is a lack of values. These people don`t value life.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    jrsamples and speeddaddy like this.
  4. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

https://news.grabien.com/story-how-us-media-has-fulfilled-new-zealand-terrorists-ultimate-g

The media can make something bad. Look at all the people that still believe and perpetuate the Charlottesville hoax, Muslin Ban, the Mexico immigrants, etc. Even people on this beeb still use these hoaxes to call Trump a racist. The funny thing is the media failed make a turd into something good....Hillary. Help me out and prove me wrong as I believe eventually the truth comes out.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

But will it be recognized?

cav115 likes this.
  6. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Trump does ;)

7. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Of course it will....after it is too late.

cav115 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Would have been off the air after one show.

10. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

TDS would have been as well

11. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

Again, Trump/supporters get all bent that people make fun of Trump when they're making fun of him because he's an asshole.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Right. I think Trump and Republicans have been extremely lenient in that regard. Dems would have gone all Stalin and crushed Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press if it were opposed to them.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm good with making fun os him being an asshole or narcissism or the like. I tried to watch SNL even before Trump was a candidate and just couldn't stand the bias and the unfunny insistence that repetition of bad jokes made them funny. It was sad for a show that was unbiased and actually funny at one point.

code3ryder likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It wouldn't have come from the government directly though. It would have been the network execs and the entertainment industry as a whole. They'd have been blakballed and it would shut them down.

15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sure, why would I not recognize it. I think I am fairly open minded, it is not like someone would submit something as irrefutable as being sideswiped by a car.

scottn likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well played, sir.

18. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Depression isn't the only thing that leads people to suicide, it's certainly the contributing factor but sometimes people have multiple mental issues. In many cases I've seen and in mine, thinking about and going attempting suicide is a normal thought, no different than whats for breakfast. Looking back it's one of the strangest things to see that I would get up in the morning and decided if I was going to kill myself today or simply see what happens. There's were a lot of times driving down the road where I'd have the urge to crash into a bridge column on the highway, but that wasn't the way I wanted to go. I'd sit there and start pro/con lists on the ways to go, like WTF? Most people on the outside get confused about those things, they think that someone who's suicidal, who really wants to die, would just jump off a building or shoot themselves, something that was guaranteed to get the job done and anything else was "just looking for attention." It actually couldn't be further from the truth, its a completely different mindset, just like liberals and conservatives cant understand someones thinking or why pineapple on pizza is either the best or the worst idea ever. There's just a difference in the way someone thinks and what they consider "normal. So in reference to everyone else being crazy, it's not that someone in the depths of depression literally thinks everyone else should be certified insane and committed, they see their thoughts as completely normal and that fact it happens everyday simply numbs them from outside influences. Everyone else is "crazy" in the sense that they can't understand what the person is going through, that their thoughts are ok and because "you" could never understand you're different than "me" and you can't ever help me.

That's also where the mentalities of depression and suicide split; you'll have the path where people want help but they don't know how to ask or feel no one actually cares. The other path is someone is fully aware of what's going on, they know people care and what to help, but the person simply doesn't want it, they just want it to end. It was the scariest, most depressing thing I read when a fellow Marine made a social media post that laid out his thoughts, he knew he had mental health issues, he knew people wanted to help, he knew he could reach out and get that help, he simply didn't care. He didn't want to fight his demons, he didn't want to put people through it and he simply wanted it to end. To read someones coherent thoughts, that they knew exactly what they were about to do and it was simply their choice was a sobering moment, they were at peace with life and death and it was their pain to end. He didn't consider it being weak he simply explained that it was his decision and that anyone left behind would miss him but they didn't "need" him.

Just like depression and suicide, it's simply a completely different mindset that is difficult to explain to someone on the outside. Just like the person who shot up the mosques knew it was against the grain and not accepted by society, he knew exactly what he was doing and to him it was a very normal thought. There are people in war that really don't want to fight like has been talked about earlier in the thread, I've also met those guys who loved war and couldn't wait for the next deployment, they enjoyed battle and fighting the enemy, they didn't hesitate to pull the trigger regardless of who the target was. This guy in NZ was choerent and knew exactly what he was doing, he did not care what others thought, he knows they were different ideas, but he didn't care because they didn't match his own, he was right and everyone else is wrong.

19. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I had a friend recently commit suicide because he had horrific headaches. One day he decided it was enough and he slammed his windpipe as hard as he could against a counter edge. Chocked to death in minutes.

He was not depressed. He was in pain and saw this as the only way to stop it.

20. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

A psychiatrist would still tell you it was about depression. That's the unfortunate thing about mental health, the vast majority of people in those positions have never been close to what their patients are experiencing. When I was in the hospital, the doctor spent less than 5 minutes talking to me before she wanted to put me on 3 or 4 medications.