1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I recently asked the exact same question regarding PSA's pistol AR's on their build quality, replies were positive.

2. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I have had this Konus scope for years. 22 hole at @100yds is tight but doable. Definitely not at 300yds. I'll be doing a 100yd match this weekend and will confirm. We used it for 300 and 600yd vintage sniper but that is a giant target with a marker for the holes. You probably won't find a better sporting scope ar this price point.

XFBO likes this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Correction. I have the 80mm objective. That link is for the 100mm.

4. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

Anyone have an 80% lower jig they like or want to rent out?

I don’t mind buying tools but I’m not sure if I’ll build enough AR’s to justify spending the money on a good fixture.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Finished up my first Poly80 build. Pf940c hybrid frame, all standard Glock parts kit, Rock Slide, threaded nitride barrel from Faxon. Just wanted something simple for the first time. Now to see how it fires.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So what exactly is going on here? You order a different grip/base (isn't that the part with the serial number on it?), and also a different slide and I presume barrel? Which parts are still Glock? The trigger mechanism and firing pin/springs? Does it still use Glock mags?

7. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

The grip is an 80% (no serial number) as long as you finish the machining process, which is removing some plastic and some sanding and fitting, you add a slide, parts kit, barrel and whatever else you want and you have Glock clone. All kinds of calibers. Might be a little cheaper than buying one but that depends on the parts you buy. I enjoy the process of building stuff so I wanted to give it a try. I think the tools I used included a pair of snippers, dremel tool, hand drill and some flat files. It was pretty easy. Take your time and check the fit of stuff closely and it goes pretty smoothly. The lowers can be had for under $100 if you keep your eyes open for sales.
    https://www.polymer80.com/pistol-frames

8. CzarNik

CzarNik Banned

Pretty sure the poly80s come in at least 2 sizes, all use gen4 components. You order a lower and finish with a drill press jig. They're neat.

I carry a G43 daily with a Hyve trigger, but I shoot the Sig p365 so much better. I highly recommend the Sig p365 now that they've resolved the MIM firing pin issue. Aftermarket billet firing pins are only $99 too.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

So is there some sort of registration number on it or is it an invisible gun, like a printed AR?

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

No serial number. Hence the "Ghost Gun" nickname.

11. CzarNik

CzarNik Banned

Ghost Glocks are lame and used by SoCal scum for thug stuff. Building a mechtech upper carbine on a poly80 is that real shit.

fastfreddie likes this.
  12. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Dude, you are on a roll!

13. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

15. blkduc

It goes good with your truck. :beer:

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

17. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Any feedback on the Banshee pistol?

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

The CMMG gun? They make them about 45 minutes from me. They seem pretty good.

19. blkduc

I'm not sold on the 5.7. I'm just not sure what the purpose is. CMMG is good to go but what's the appeal of this caliber?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

They make it in 22lr, 5.7, 9mm, 40, and 45. Maybe 10mm.