1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ferrari said that they didn’t want to take a chance on something going wrong by pitting so they left him out to get guaranteed points. Going to be a long year for Vettel if Leclerc is going to be this fast all the time, eventually they’re going to have let him pass Vettel.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Heeeey well I'll be a monkey's bare-assed uncle! I take it all back. Except the commercials.

Yzasserina likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Contrails (condensation trails) been happening in F1 and IndyCar for years.

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I also predict Kubica is out of a drive by Spa. He was horrid this weekend. Crap car notwithstanding.

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

They came out and said he had damage on the floor, no idea where it came from. Could explain why he had no answer. Could be major trouble for other teams if they cant get him even with aero damage.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

"So you want me to stay behind Sebastien yes or no?"

-C. Leclerc

:beer::bow: I see he went to the Kimi school of F1 diplomacy. :crackup:

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Not really a fan of Verstappen, but I am a Honda fan boy, so looks like I better warm to him.

Loved hearing Karun; thought he did a great job. Looking forward to a season with him.

I never liked Buxton, but I'm about half way through the Netflix show and so far he's managed not to annoy.

8. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Man I wanted to see Max catch up to Hamilton. That would have gotten interesting quick.
    I almost felt sorry for Bottas, there was practically no mention of him once he checked out whereas when Hamilton checks out they don't ever leave him.
    I really wanted to see Ricciardo do better, he is just such a likeable guy.
    Ferarri is a shit show. Stupid team orders. Leclerc is going to get tired of that quickly, I hope!
    The mid pack stuff was a little more interesting than last year hopefully it really picks up when they get to a track where you can pass a little easier.

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

f1technical has a good article about the new aero changes and mentions how the new rear wing creates contrails more regularly than before.
    https://www.f1technical.net/features/21995?sid=e17268de73ec4ce9eb76c11e91829a63

I was wondering if they were testing anything during the race of if he really was that slow. If the later, then I agree and am disappointed because I was hoping he would be competitive.

Max really boned himself by running off with ~15 laps to go. I think he had the pace to send one past Hammy.

dobr24 and Razr like this.
  10. BigBird

BigBird blah

I must say the F1 series on Netflix is excellent. The racing this weekend, was terrible by comparison.

After lap 1, there's not much to F1. Well except seeing a battery catch on fire, and seeing the driver take 10 minutes to get out. That was probably the only part worth watching.

Seeing Haas f up the pit stop again, and Williams sucking, and well Ferrari was supposed to be so awesome and they still not so good. And well, it was interesting to see the battle for 13th place for 20 laps, and how long will someone stay out there.

TL;DR F1 is boring and nothing beats a MotoGP weekend.

11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

rd400racer likes this.
  12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I hope he does well, has some big shoes to fill.

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Does Lewis really have his nose pierced with a diamond stud in it during qualifying?

14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

Charles!!

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He has to be cool at all times...

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

New track record!

I thought Seb was going to cry.

17. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Nothing makes me happier watching F1 than Seb having a bad day. I have lots of favorites but only one driver I absolutely can't stand.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys are acting as if Ferrari will allow Charles to win tomorrow.

Chino52405 and Steeltoe like this.
  19. merle4

merle4 Menace to sobriety

Haha!

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Lando blaming Vettel for Grosjean impeding his quali lap. Interesting.