1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroin - and I'm an asshole

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by rk97, May 21, 2017.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Until all that time, money and effort is put into treating it like a medical problem, efforts will fail.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They like to throw out as big a number as they can, supposed to make them look more awesome I guess. Like when they find some pot plants they weigh it green, stalks and all, probably with the root ball and dirt still on it.

For years and years every fall here the sheriff's would have this " big bust " of wild ditch weed that had been growing there forever. All kinds of press and hoopla. Then a local wrote a letter to the editor calling them out on it, saying what a joke it was and you couldn't get high on it if you smoked 10 pounds. It got reprinted and talked about alot and since then no more big ditch weed busts. :crackup:

rk97 likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Just lost the friend in Fort Myers. She passed Saturday night. The kids are 7 and 9. She was having problems with seizures. Had one and went into the hospital. They checked her, she was clean, sent her home and she had another one in bed and passed. Her dad found her who know how many hours after the seizure occurred and tried to revive her but couldn't. Her dad's blood pressure went through the roof and he was sent to the hospital. She was 39. God damn it what a fucking waste. The addict dad is now out of the joint and trying to get custody of the kids and doesn't have a pot to piss in he just sees a paycheck. Luckily she was smart enough to draft up a living will that the her parents / the grandparents get custody of the kids. But they are already 65 years old and now have to raise a 7 and 9 years old. Son of a bitch

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hopefully it was a regular will, living will does nothing when she's gone.

5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I don't specifically know. Still waiting for the dust to settle. The uncertainty of the kids future gives me a very unsettled feeling.

6. David-imoddavid

David-imoddavid Well-Known Member

To lump all addicts in the same group probably isn't wise. What caused a person to become an addict needs to be considered.
    True that some become addicted by trying drugs for escape - others not so much.

Personal story.
    After a major car crash and major surgery in 1971 (age 19) I was on demerol as requested for about 6 weeks. On release from the hospital I went through some
    withdrawls. Shakes, sweats nausea - what someone with more drug knowledge than I would recognize as needing a shot.
    Fortunately I did not know why I was feeling as I was and just pushed through it for maybe 2 days - not really sure of how long, it's a fading memory now.
    Had I known that all that was needed to stop the shakes and such, I have little doubt that I would have been on the street looking for a fix.

It's a lot like the prescription opioid in the news today.

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That makes no sense even with what he said about dark money and silly shit.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Got a call late last night...........lost another uncle:(:(:(.He could go for 8+ years clean,then fall off a cliff. As painfully saddened as I am, I think i'm more pissed off than anything else. I was closest to this uncle out of all the family.Gawd damn it:mad:

10. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Sad to read of your loss.

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

12. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

Just had 2 hip replacements , one back in January the recent one 2 weeks ago, The amount of oxycontin and oxycodone prescribed was scary! Along with the doc and nurses saying be aggressive with the pain meds cause if you get of course bone pain is hard to get back on course. First 2 days each time I took the contins 1 every 12 hours ( which they were fine , no big deal ) , codones were prescribed 1-2 every 4-6 hours as needed. Tok 2 every 6 hrs for the first 2 days. I Wasn't much on them , they loop u out , make you feel nausea . So you take the pain meds , counter react the itchies with Benadryl and then have to take some other pill for constipation. After day 2 I started taking less and less and then day 5 nothing. Hate that crap. Was I and am I sore , sure but icing helps it , exercises helps it.I got a pile of each pill left over! I'd rather feel a little pain then looped out. I can see how the oxycontins are addictive though because they just take the edge off and make you chill.

BigBird, yokohama1 and K51000 like this.
  13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Sorry for your loss Britx303.

14. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss.

15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am actually one of the "lucky" ones. I would way rather hurt than feel the way I do on opioids. They deaden the pain but my personality definitely takes a turn for the worse when I take them. I don't even like me when I take that stuff...

Sorry for your loss britx303.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Thanks guys:(

17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

So you know how the rest of us feel. :Poke:

Ditto. :(

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:But I dont care about your feelz...:Poke:
    :p

pickled egg likes this.
  19. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

Good thing the medical community doesn’t care about your opinion and still uses life saving meds to save lives.

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Yeah, unfortunately.