1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Pretty poor!

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Lol. Don't drink and post!

rd400racer likes this.
  3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

It was fun hearing everyone going for fastest lap. Curious why Ferrari didn’t bring Leclerc in for new tires to grab that point. It’s a team and driver point...

4. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Aged better than this sign ...

[​IMG]

5. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Ferrari and strategy.

thrak410 likes this.
  6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

WTF with this ESPN coverage? No pre-race and stacked with commercials.

7. eggfooyoung

Man, fuck Vittles and Ferrari. Leclerc obviously had the pace, but we don't want to upset the princess.

8. eggfooyoung

F1 on the grid always airs beforehand.

9. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Pretty cool when you can see air flowing over the rear wing. I don’t recall seeing it in years past. Maybe I haven’t paid that close attention but it’s quite noticeable this year.

10. eggfooyoung

It was pretty humid there this year.

11. zamboiv

That’s what I was wondering if it was due to high humidity.

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Not anymore on Spectrum.

13. eggfooyoung

Really? Huh. Sucks for you, because that's the best part of the F1 weekend. Sorry.

Not really. :crackup:

14. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The live ESPN coverage in the early AM was normal. Pre-race and flag to flag without commercials. You probably are catching one of the two rebroadcasts today.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I agree it is the best part of the weekend! Plus the commercials then they pick up where it left off. So it's not really live and now it's five hours long lol. And this is why we have piracy. :cool:

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nope. DVR. What was supposed to be pre-race was basketball :Puke:

17. zamboiv

I’m watching it on DVR and I’m on lap 22 and there hasn’t been a commercial yet. I have Direct TV so not sure if it’s an ESPN or a service provider thing.

18. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Not sure what you mean, the pre race show and grid walk was normal and I had no commercial breaks during the race. (Hulu here) watched via DVR...

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Australia Winners and Losers

Winners
    Bottas- of course. Perfect start, perfect race, had an extra stop cushion over the world champ.
    Verstappen- gave Honda it’s first podium since 2008. Passed Vettel on the outside and gave Ham some push
    Kyvat- did well.
    F1- nice improved graphics
    Karun Chandock- encyclopedia like knowledge. My vote for the best ex-driver as pundit.
    F1 rules- Albert Park is a one-off, but it does seem like the cars can run closer this year. Bahrain will be off the hook.

Level
    Hamilton. I am not a fan of races determined in the first corner, but he had no answer for Bottas, but could cover Max.

Losers
    Vettel- would have been passed by LeClerc. Should have been passed by LeClerc.
    Haas left front corner- WTF. Two years in a row.
    Ricciardo- only place on the track I guess not to take to the grass. Renault still letting him down, just in different colors. Ask Sainz.
    F1- Charlie will be missed
    Brundle- his pit walks and commentary are cringeworthy. Buxton made the grid walk look so easy. People on the grid would rather speak to Will than Martin.

Yzasserina likes this.
  20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

I had that for the first seven minutes...then went to pre grid. Guess the game ran over. Hopefully you didn't delete yet.