1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Look up there a few posts. There is a whole separate rulebook unique to this race. I haven't compared but there are separate rules for the team challenge endurance races as well.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Looks like a cut and paste from normal sprint rules. Props for doing a good job with the "may" though, leeway is important in rules like that for a race like that.

pscook likes this.
  3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Could be....I just know that that's what it says per their Daytona 200 ruleset.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, thanks for the info too!

5. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Man that was so exciting! Was really nervous to have Kyle leading the lap, but he just kept pulling out enough of a lead to make it stick. Awesome!

jksoft likes this.
  6. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Congrats to the top 5 or 6 guys for not killing the lapped riders the first couple laps they came through.

Who in the fuck was the first lapper they caught. Does ASRA or CCS not use flangers anymore. Christ that was scary.

No matter what event (except supercross) or series, it seems like you can never have a clean ending on that track.

Congrats to Kyle’s engine builder and he truly impressed me today.

Would have thought Hayes would have had some more HP as well.

7. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

What happened to Hayes at the end? It looked like he was charging....then fell off. Then....back again on last lap.

Looked like he put his leg out at one point, like he had a mechanical.

8. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I was so excited to see Hayes pull the lead. Right up until he got on the banking he got out motored like you read about.

9. hayes131

hayes131 Well-Known Member

Had a dueling/fuel tank problem on the lap I was leading. Thankfully, it sorted itself out. Had a blast just being IN the race for a while. Bummer I’m so big. Bike was pretty solid, I’ve always been big on a 600. Really shows it’s ugly face at Daytona

10. Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens Member

Great job today! Enjoyed watching you battle out there.

PPPope likes this.
  11. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Good ride Josh! Looked like you were hungry when you took the lead.

Sorry about your tank problem...

12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

We went through this with the Loudon Classic. In 2011 the red flag came out shortly after halfway. We tried for a restart, but some of the teams waved the rulebook in our faces.
    I submitted "13.3.1. The Loudon Classic does not abide by the 50% rule for restart..." at the rules meeting that winter and it was in the 2012 rulebook.
    The 2017 Loudon Classic was red flagged with 2 laps to go, setting up a "green, white, checkers" finish. Some riders flipped out on me when I directed them to pre grid, I just told them "Read the rulebook."

13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

You're still a legend and it was awesome seeing you out there. :clap:

14. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Well that’ll certainly help Kyle with the Ducati build price tag

15. I think what Kelly did was ok, he was a lap down, not 2 which to me makes a big difference. He had the pace and could fight to get back on the lead lap, and now we see he reason why that’s important. It’s not like he a “lapper” trying to fight out a turn or two after they get lapped and are 10s off the pace.

16. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I’m going to just say I’m impressed with Kelly. Kid rode smart. Yea he was down but he didn’t get in the way of the guys on the lead lap. Had the pace, actually quicker than the guys leading at times, he can’t just pull off the track. He got back on the lead lap right before red flag flew. Now he’s in the race! I watched the race close, announcers were not watching the same race I was so I tuned them out. My eyes don’t fool me but they did.

Honestly I think the race was done at the red. For the SHOW they restarted which it was exciting and I won’t lie I liked it. Kyle broke the back of the fast Suzuki’s in the infield on last lap and that was the race. Done, signed and sealed. They couldn’t run him down after that off the back straights. Clever run by Kyle, did what he had to do. Out distance them in the infield section and hope for the best on the run to the flag.

Those Suzuki’s were fast! JU you putting 750 engines in them now lol j/k

Good job to all that finished it was the best 200 I’ve watched in years!

BigBird likes this.
  17. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

is there anywhere i can watch the race, couldnt catch it live. thanks

AC1108 likes this.
  18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

AND! I just bought the three year subscription to Roadracing World.

I'm IN this. Outta my way!

19. CR750

CR750 Well-Known Member

Kyle said that the Pirelli had massive grip off the corners in the post race interview. It was clear he killed them out of the infield and out of the chicane on the last lap. I sure was pulling for Josh, holy late f-ing brakes every lap into turn 1.

Ian178 likes this.
  20. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Things didn't work out for Josh, but you couldn't not notice how different he was on the brakes from the rest of the field.

Dragginass likes this.