1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSA: Don't let Google spoil your race (no spoilers inside)

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Heads-up...Earlier today, I pulled up Google on my phone, and for some reason, they had a news headline at the top page giving away the results for today's WSBK race 1 (which I haven't watched, yet).

2. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

They are watching you.

Sabre699 likes this.
  3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I thought the point of this thread was to reveal to the beeb community a solution to this frustrating problem.

#Disappointed

badmoon692008 likes this.
  4. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Avoid Google until you've watched the race(s) of your choice.

#problemsolved

Steeltoe and HPPT like this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Problem solved.

terminus est likes this.
  6. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Was expecting a more novel solution like a news filter for example, not 'avoid Google'.
    Sometimes you Google so quickly out of habit and oops, Rea wins another race.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

If you routinely visit racing related sites then your search engine/homepage will automatically adapt to your preferences regardless of who you use, ie: Google, Yahoo, etc. Stay off the internet if you don't want to know who won, it's that simple.

8. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Duckduckgo

Jesse likes this.
  9. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Totally sucks. I avoid everything but the beeb. You can read all threads but that particular race. Funny there is no line of etiquette or morals that the beeb won’t cross... except spoilers. You better post that in the correct thread or it’s your arse!

badmoon692008 and pscook like this.
  10. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I use www.duckduckgo.com whenever possible. Private searches. No annoying FB or internet ads just because you googled something.

Jesse and Newyork like this.
  11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That ain't gonna last. They're starting to test ads now.......

12. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

That's usually how it goes, we'll just have to look for another search engine..........Like SearchEncrypt.