1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by KMC, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hey, trophy same as WERA novice win! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! Mongo doesn't hand out Rolexes though. :)

Once a Wanker.. and rd400racer like this.
  2. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

That was a $20k good decision lol

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

And to top it off congratulations Kawa Wyman.... LMAO... I feel bad for that dude... no I don’t...

4. 418

418 Expert #59

He's older than you and me put together, give the old man a break. Loly

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

That what I wanted to see. Those two were heading towards an excellent finish.

LossPrev and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Anyone actually know what really went wrong with Team Hammer's last stop for Kelly? I heard front wheel change. I didn't see them. Did the other teams do rear only, or was there an actual problem?

7. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

The feed made me really miss Drebber.
    Congrats Kyle.

8. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

More likely something with the brakes.
    I think they put back on the same wheel/tire

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Wall in the M4 pits........................

10. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Props and congrats to KW and team. Put together a great program and great race craft. Not many lead out of the chicane and live to tell about it. Will be a ‘mic drop’ moment if he posts in the watch lovers thread.

11. 418

418 Expert #59

Read on FB that according to the CCS rules the race shouldn't have restarted.

Protest coming?

drop and busa99 like this.
  12. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Wyman owned them for a big part of the race, until some shit luck. The restart made up for the shit luck. Congrats Kyle!!

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

With the 200 being a one off specialty race, they likely make special provisions for it.

rcarson15 likes this.
  14. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I bet there will be some post race drama

15. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

I hope so. Nobody likes it when the 200 winner just rides off into the sunset...... Air filters, crankshafts, and watch repo's. :D

BigBird likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Sorry, the format from the doc to the Beeb lost a little in formatting and came out weird, important part is highlighted.

http://www.asraracing.com/Forms/2018/2018 Daytona 200 Rulebook.pdf

N. Should the event be stopped with more than two laps completed,but less than one-half of the posted race time, the eld will be gridded for the restart. The o cial race time will continue to run during the red flag.
    (1.) Riders will be given credit for the laps completed as they cross

the nish line in the lap preceding the lap in which the red aghas been displayed. The riders will be re-gridded as to the running order of that last complete lap. For the Daytona 200, this means position in the race, not the order on the track.

(a.) Any rider(s) deemed to be responsible for the red- ag

incident will be placed on the last row of the new grid. (2.) The remaining laps will be run, less credit for those

completed, in an e ort to complete the total distance posted. (3.) Should the red flag be displayed in a race that has seen more than 50% of the total posted laps completed, the race may be considered complete.

So it's basically Race Control's discretion as to whether to let it finish or not. In this case the race wasn't stopped due to a torrential downpour or a horrific 20 bike pile-up that was going to take 3 hours to clean up.

sdiver, Britt and JBall like this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Ok.. I will put him in a old folks home down the road! I plan on going next year... I appreciate the coverage.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

3-4 laps to go I'm cool with him fighting to stay on the lead lap in a race like this. However once they get to two and especially white flag - get out of the way.

Britt likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No he does not, he only has one and it's now locked up :(

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Does CCS have real endurance rules? Ours it wouldn't have restarted - although I'd probably write special ones for the 200 if we ran it, it's a different beast than a normal endurance.