1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when items aren’t received?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chase Vieth, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Only way to do it..

2nd chking acct at same bank makes transfers to other accts easier or link 2nd chking account to another banks credit card for no fee transactions. :)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yepper. Even got the boss to figure out online banking to make the transfers easy :D

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

That's good to limit the loss, but I prefer to use the credit card. I had somebody drag me on for a bit with reassurances , then stiff me. PayPal declined to act because it was past the (at the time) 45 day limit since the transaction.
    I had the bank charge PayPal back the money to my credit card, with no repercussions from PayPal. The time limit has since been extended, but I won't trust PayPal.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

If it’s a big ticket item, I’ll pay the extra fees just for the added layer of protection that “friends and family” doesn’t provide.

TurboBlew, Phl218 and gapman789 like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This is for WERA more than anything, need the speed of transferring out of PP to the bank then to the non attached account to pay bills.

6. genosr1

genosr1 Well-Known Member

did you ever receive a refund chase?

7. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Much better to play with the banks money than your own.

When a transaction goes south the banks will gladly take over. Do there own investigation. If the other party tries to ignore it the bank usually defaults to granting the charge back.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This.

9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

I'm afraid he might have paid Chase a visit with a Glock.

10. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

o_O

11. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

The funds cleared my checking account without issue on the 10th. I have twice asked if funds have cleared for him to no response. Chase let me know if there are any issues.

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I would do. Jail doesn’t even matter in a case like this.

13. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Ben Probst:

Please add my name to your payback list. A rough calculation results in you owing me $6,000, not including interest at 9% simple p/a for three years. I will provide detail if you like, but I am not exaggerating.

PM me if you have lost my contact info.

Rodger

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shit just got real...

Hi D'Oil!

15. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

think someone just hit the naaawwwwssss. :D

16. Shyster d'Oil

Not sure what you mean. You kids and your lingo. . . :D

I am hoping that Ben means what he says on making good on his debts.

PS: A little bird told me about this most wonderful thread.

17. Shyster d'Oil

How you doin, Scrambled? :D

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Shitty to mostly miserable. Might drive by the Beefalo area on my way through with the girls this summer, anything interesting other than a fucking waterfall for 7 and 3yr old girls stuck in a halfway cross-country road trip? :D

19. Shyster d'Oil

The Falls is worth a visit. The Zoo is cool, but you'd be happier at one of the many fine brew pubs here. :D

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Did the falls three years ago. Got pics of the eldest mooning those fucking floppy headed syrup suckers. :crackup:

Zoo sounds right up their alley though. Be a nice way to stretch their legs after a 12 hr drive.