1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheapest streaming for beIN?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

If you have Xfinity X1, the Sling DVR won't work.

2. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Sling a la carte.. sports package $10 a month. Includes BEIN. No need for DVR. You have 2 days to watch recently aired programs.

gt#179 likes this.
  3. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Do they show up in your channel guide? Using mobile, pc, or a streaming/smart TV? I can't get to anything other than the standard channel.

Sling wouldn't allow me to do the $60 annual package with free Roku because I'm already a customer! I had to do the"regular"sports pack. :mad:

4. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Edit after the buzzer......

Had to start a "chat" and was able to add the world sport with 8 or so beIN channels for $10 and remove the sports extra package. Tried to talk my way into the free Roku... Didn't work!

thrak410 likes this.
  5. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Yep - watching on my Roku that came with this TV.

Brad likes this.
  6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The other BeIn channels are all the way at the bottom of my guide list, but they’re all there.

7. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this. Watched 4 hours of MotoGP this morning with no commercials! I am able to use with my Chromecast, but the Roku will be here tomorrow so I have an extra.

8. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

How do you guys watch the stuff after the airing without the DVR?

9. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

There is a guide that shows what was previously aired. Can scroll back 4 days I believe.

10. thrak410

You can also search 'moto' and it lists it. Other than Motorad it's all MotoGP, Moto2 etc.

11. Tiller15

Tiller15 TEAM GIXXER

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You could probably find a 3rd party app to stream from the phone. I do the laptop to a chromecast for the big screen.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Bein (along with several other channels on Sling) has on-demand programming. Some channels (like 2 of the local networks) are *only* on demand, can't watch live or DVR anything. Just some of the many "catches" with streaming. Well worth the savings for me, but I could understand many not wanting to deal with it.

Prime example: The wife opened a Sling account in order to get us the $60/yr world sports offer. Works fine, but to use it we have to sign out of my account (that has cloud DVR and Sling Blue) and into hers in order to watch BEIN, using the remote to hunt and peck the username/password. Then, each time we toggle between the 2, the OTA scheduled recordings are lost, and we have to do the channel search and reprogram recordings. The AirTV device is the biggest culprit here, I would not recommend it.

14. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Buy a second fire stick for $39 and plug it into a different hdmi port. Load wifey’s on that one. Then just switch inputs on the remote to toggle without losing everything or having to enter passwords

BigBird likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That's the plan for when the free (with the $60/year deal) Roku comes in.

busa99 likes this.
  16. thrak410

My free roku arrive today. That like 3 days, wow!

busa99 likes this.
  17. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

Bein is not available thru Hulu?

18. thrak410

I dont believe its available on Hulu \ Hulu Live, I've never noticed it.

noeyes likes this.
  19. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

To encourage anyone who doubts their ability, I managed to get the $60 annual International Sports Package and just watched the Qatar GP 4 days later online. I'm as far from internet/tech savvy as one person can be. I haven't received the free Roku yet, so I'm hoping enabling that device is as trouble free as creating the account was.

Next concern will be the ability to throw wifi to my garage, I may be looking for some type of wifi amplifier or repeater I'm guessing.

Thanks to all for the info in this thread.:bow:

thrak410, pscook and Skter505 like this.
  20. KNickers

KNickers Well-Known Member

Anyone having trouble with the cloud DVR on Sling? I've called sling twice because nothing records for me after I signed up. They agree that I've paid for it, a week ago they said they found a problem with cloud DVR and there's an update coming in a couple days. Wondering if they were just getting me off the phone cause they had no clue.