1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto-E paddock on fire

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Where did anyone say they were happy? Finding something humorous is not saying you were happy, far from it.

TLR67 and BigBird like this.
  2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

I guess I just don’t find somebody losing a huge amount of money in a fire humorous. Not to mention the danger the first responders faced. Could be the industry I’m in. Fire protection.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Were they in a temp structure or did it burn the main garages?

4. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That sucks ass for the teams and riders. I’m not super stunned though. This is brand new bleeding edge technology with extremely high energies involved. Safe handling and storage are in their infancy for this stuff. Or maybe one of the bikes had a defect. These things probably go up just like a Samsung phone on a passenger jet

No way in hell can a small company replace an entire grid’s worth of equipment in 6 weeks. They’ll postpone that shit. Hopefully the teams saved their data offsite.

dobr24 and BigBird like this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

the one real positive is that they were in a separate structure and not housed with GP bikes right before a race. That would have been catastrophic on all levels.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, Gallows humor.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    cav115 likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Some people are far too binary.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

and interesting at the same time. imagine motogp told manufacturers to put their riders on randomly picked showroom bikes (matching brand) LOL

it looked like a 2-story tent / container kinda structure.

9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Billy Joel was heard loudly playing from the GP paddock...............

Potts N Pans and black knight like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

5axis, black knight and shakazulu12 like this.
  11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Methinks he doth protest too much. Can he account for his whereabouts last night?

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yeah it sucks but maybe this isn't ready for prime time. Just lucky nobody was hurt or killed.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

F1 does it :Poke:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

And had some growing pains.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Giving Tesla a burn for their money. :crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  16. R Acree

R Acree Banned

e-racing is the next hot thing.

418, JJJerry, cav115 and 2 others like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I got my elderly mother to watch formula e this year and she said "Why are they so slow?" :D

418, cav115 and BigBird like this.
  18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I got invited to be in the paddock for a Formula E race a couple of years ago. I still haven't seen a race.

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its like sex with a chick who lays there silently......it just isn't quite the same without the noise.

R1Racer99, 418, ducnut and 4 others like this.
  20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the whole fire fighter issue. At the power plant we trained to put out fires with water. This was on stuff up to 500KEV! Turn the nozzles to emit a spray pattern and give it hell.