1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica Live pre-sale is open

Discussion in 'General' started by Greenhound386, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Copy / pasting from a thread I made a while ago. This is in case you need some motivation to pull the trigger.

I can’t remember being more excited for a roadracing season than I am this year. I’m typing this up for a couple of reasons. Primarily, I’m posting it to get those who aren’t ‘in the know’ up to speed and excited about what’s to come. I’m also putting it up for posterity; it’ll be interesting to look back at the end of the year and see what storylines were significant and which weren’t. Let me know what I am missing, and I’ll add it to the original post. Also, feel free to post up your predictions and what you’re most excited about.

For the record, I get 95% of my information from RoadracingWorld.com, MotoAmerica.com, and Greg’s Garage Pod (a podcast hosted by Greg White and Jason Pridmore).

Josh Herrin on the Yoshimura superbike
    This is the big one. Have you seen this guy’s Instagram? He’s making some bold claims, and he’s even got other pro riders chiming in with some (mostly) friendly trash talk. The funniest part is watching him argue with his fans in the comments section. 42% of me just wants him to let his riding speak for itself, 66% of me loves the entertainment value associated with the self-promotion, and 14% of me is terrible at math. Josh has noted that his feedback is consistent with Toni’s as far as where the bike needs to go development-wise, and his times were really competitive when they tested at Chuckwalla last month.

JD Beach on the Attack Performance R1
    I was really excited about this when it got announced. JD was at the test with Herrin and Elias last month, and he was already showing some insane speed on the superbike. He’s also running the entire flat track season except for what I think are 2 rounds that conflict with MotoAmerica. He did note that MotoAmerica is the priority, though. Can he stay healthy running at the front in 2 series?

Mathew Scholtz – Westby Yamaha
    Scholtz has shown a ton of promise, and he had some great results last year. The team is taking advantage of MotoAmerica’s relaxed electronics rules, and they’re running a Magneti Marelli system this year. Chuck noted on Greg’s Garage Pod that they’re really confident about the new electronics and think it will move them in a positive direction.

Kyle Wyman – Ducati V4
    Besides being interested in seeing Ducati return to American roadracing, I’m also curious to see how Wyman gets along with the platform. Everyone knows he’s one of the hardest workers in the paddock, and I know he’ll come to round 1 as prepared as possible given the short(ish) timeframe. Will he do better on the V4 than the R1, or is all of the hype around the Ducati a byproduct of the company’s marketing prowess?

PJ Jacobsen returning to the States
    PJ is coming to MotoAmerica on the HSBK / Celtic Racing R6. This kid was killing it on a Honda a couple of years ago in World Supersport and got 2nd in the championship in 2015. He struggled a bit when he moved to MV Augusta, and his World Superbike ride with Honda last year was rough. He is insanely talented, though, and I have no doubt that he’s going to be a multi-race winner and possibly take the championship. On Greg’s Garage Pod, he mentioned that he has never ridden a Yamaha R6 before, and he’s excited to finally be racing on one instead of racing against one. He'll also be doing a bunch of flat tracking this year.

Young Guns
    Cory Ventura went straight from the Junior Cup to the 600 class with Omega Moto on a Yamaha R6, and Alex Dumas (last year’s Junior Cup champion) signed with Team Hammer to ride a Suzuki SV650 in the Twins class. Loaded question: which path is a better move career-wise? Team Hammer’s involvement in the Twins class will lend some legitimacy to that grid, and Alex’s participation should help to prove its viability as a good stepping stone to the bigger bikes. I’ll be watching these 2 kids specifically, but I’ll also be watching the Junior Cup races closely to see who steps up. Westby is fielding what might be a ‘ringer’ with a new entry in this class on a Yamaha R3 – Sam Tryg. Again, it’s awesome to see another superbike team fielding an entry in a different class and helping to grow the sport.

600 class
    There are so many talented riders in this class, and I’m always a bit surprised when the races aren’t as competitive as you might expect. On paper, there should be a dozen riders in the lead pack, and we should see a bit more diversity on the top step of the podium. The absence of Graves’ formal involvement might shake that up a bit, and JD’s departure from the class obviously opens things up. Is Hayden Gillim going to run away with it, or are we going to see some bigger battles for the lead in this class? I actually have no idea what Valentin Debise is doing this year, and I feel like I’ve heard quite a few rumors about where he will end up. edit: Bobby Fong got the ride!

Twins class
    I’ve heard that this grid is going to be inordinately larger than it was last year. When I did the event at Laguna Seca last year, I was honestly really disappointed that we only had 12 riders on the grid. I like big grids and I cannot lie, you other brothas can’t deny… you get the point. I already mentioned that I’m excited about Alex’s entry, but the racing in this class should be really good this year if it can draw 20+ riders each round.

Mran556 and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. Sportbike Track Gear

Sportbike Track Gear We sell some motorcycle stuff sometimes

Great post, thanks for the reminder! All paid up and excited for the new season to start, $49 is a great price for this package IMO.

Thank You for subscribing!
    First Payment $49.95 (+ tax if req'd) on 03/12/2019

4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Done, thanks for the post.

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I’m in and also very excited for the new season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

Ditto,, I'm in.
    Thanks for posting.

7. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Got my subscription yesterday.

8. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I'm in!

9. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Subscribed!

10. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

When will it actually go Live? I bought the presale. Still no App in the android play store and nothing on the website! Only 2 days till round 1!

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Lol

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Yes I'm wondering the same. Where do I log in and with what??

13. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

I been wondering the same thing...I’m assuming that this weekend it will work. It damn well better! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure I keep posting the same thing - April 4 or 5 - so tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday. Yes, bike are on track Friday. Yes, they do know that too.

turbulence, rcarson15 and Newyork like this.
  15. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I was able to login, they have a few things up.. nothing crazy

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

It has changed substantially since yesterday evening. I am logged in and pictures are moving, as opposed to the "Buy Now!" screen that I experienced last night.

It appears that good things are afoot.

17. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

woo. mine too! hell yeah!

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Searched for Motoamerica in Apple App Store tonight and found it. Installed and logged in and it seems to be ready to go.

19. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

they sure waited until the very last minute with this, but glad it’s ready to go

20. This is one of those things that will piss people off and turn people away. Personally as long as I can watch when not at the track I don’t care but other people will not be as easy going. I get and appreciate the effort it takes and also can appreciate the effort they’ve undertaken to bring this all in house etc but most will not. They already have the links loaded for the races and on demand so I’ll wait and see. Wish they showed Friday practice but understand that’s extra added cost.