1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 1 | Qatar | Mar 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

What are you talking about?

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The Albanian Pro sidecar race. What are you talking about?

motoracer1100 and MachineR1 like this.
  3. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

4. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I feel as if Rins wanted to split the pack up, so he tried to jump in the lead and push harder to make everyone up their pace (knowing Marquez wouldn't let him ride off into the moonrise).

FQ20 was running 1.5-2 seconds per lap faster than the lead pack going all out after starting in the pits. He burned his tires up after getting into the points, but it really shows how much tire conservation is going on and why the racing appears "closer."

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Iirc both Petronas bikes were on softs

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

There was a motorcycle race this weekend. You should try to watch it. There was some great racing this past weekend in the desert.

BigBird likes this.
  7. speedluvn

Ok. I won’t concede but he got 4th. Damn near a podium, shyt a championship, for Suzuki.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Where a Suzuki actually podiumed?

What are you talking about?....

9. speedluvn

See above your post :Poke:

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why are you haters pissing on people gloating about Rossi is fifth-place victory and Rins' fourth-place podium?

Cannoli and speedluvn like this.
  11. wac

wac Well-Known Member

That wing , attached to the bodywork or swing arm? I believe swing arm. Not sure

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

wac likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

How much can I bet that within the next 3 rounds, these same protesting teams will have tried to copy Ducati (again)?

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

They will be on bikes at Starbucks mid-summer.

16. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

Someone in China is already working on these for AliExpress and eBay as we speak surely.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    BHP41, masshole, scottn and 1 other person like this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No they won't even after the appeals court. The people making the call at the track know their rules.

BigBird likes this.
  19. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

It would be nice to see it in action at a wind tunnel.

It just doesn't seem like it would be able to produce much down force considering the front wheel and radiator force a big pocket of air in front of it?

Given the way the rules are written, it looks like they could have slapped a big Honda Civic "R"_Type ricer rear spoiler to the swing arm and it would be legal?

BigBird likes this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think the protest and appeals that followed are more about clarifying the rules going forward, than trying to strip Ducati of the results.

There's no doubt that something that shape, being where it is creates "down force", but was that the intended goal, or just a positive byproduct of trying to direct air to the tire.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.