1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 1 | Qatar | Mar 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

We're in for another 2018. MM93 vs AD04 for the title.

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

More like 2017

Sent from my smatrfone

3. Yeah - what were the teams thinking, bringing in new talent to challenge the established riders? They should just keep the veterans until they run out of veterans.

Mot Okstef, BigBird and R Acree like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

:crackup:

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, we're one race into a 19 race season. You think it's a bit early to narrow it down to two riders for the championship? :D

Cannoli and Metalhead like this.
  6. Ra.Ge. Raptor

BigBird likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:moon:

8. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Stupid question...
    How late was that bombing run of Marquez in the last corner? I have no clue, I don't race.
    The commentators on BT where emphasizing that had it been someone else up front without the patience and technical expertise of Dovi, who even having had to stand his bike up, still was cool and composed enough to hit his apex, it might have ended badly.

cool side by side from last year to this year

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Potts N Pans and badmoon692008 like this.
  9. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

One thing I noticed from that is Rossi finished about the same distance behind Dovi and Marquez both years. 2018 - 3rd, 2019 - 5th.

If this keeps up, I like the fact the grid is getting closer together.

In reality, I believe the KTM and Aprilia were actually closer to the front as well, but it isn't really showing in the place results as the non-factory Ducs, Hondas and Yamahas are all closer to the front as well.

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Asparagus on the Aprilia really impressed me. I didn't realize he was that close to the front until I was looking at the results yesterday. Only 9 seconds off the lead. For that bike, and for a rider that's Not really classed as a front runner that's pretty damn good. If Iannone can stay focused, and just ride the damn bike, I wonder what it's actually capable of. Same for the KTM that was only a couple second back from there too. Big progress is being made. Throw out Syrain's result and the entire pack was incredibly close from front to back over race distance.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I gotta keep up better, that POS Suzuki beat the Doctor?

:D

12. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

14. Ra.Ge. Raptor

IMG_20190312_180030.jpg LH44 giving some riding tips to the rookie FQ20

15. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Whats truly impressive to me was the riding ability of the lead Suzuki rider and how the bike was down on topspeed but still managed to podium. At that level. It's Amazing!

Razr likes this.
  16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Not sure if anybody here is a big motogpnews fan, but the site is back and firing on all cylinders for the 2019 season.

IMHO, this is way better than anything ever posted on Dear George.....

http://motogpnews.com/2019/03/11/qatar-race-review/

"The winglet in question sat under the bike near the rear and was originally designed for diverting diet pills that Petruci would carelessly drop away from his rear wheel. The aero device was deemed a success so was then fitted to Dovizioso’s bike too. No one batted an eyelid all weekend…until they won the race. Thankfully the evil Honda’s despicable scheme to have Dovizioso’s victory removed fell upon deaf ears with FIM rejecting their protest primarily on the grounds that one of them owned an Honda Civic that needed a new flywheel when it was just two weeks out of warranty."

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm not sure how to react to this one. What's my move?

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Celebrate.

Celebrate like you won the championship but really finished in 5th place :D

19. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Scintillating pic, but I still give the edge to Bradl and Bridgestone:

[​IMG]

Agreed, it was a late dive. Dovi was waiting for it, it didn't come in the usual timeframe so he started turning and then 'weee here I come'; Marquez standard operating procedure.

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That's his usual move. :D

scottn and 600 dbl are like this.