1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, look up::whoosh: :crackup:

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, I Broomed the thread. So...........

3. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Lolol

4. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Is this you?

5. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Ya'll realize that Tesla isn't the only vehicle that has lane keep and adaptive cruise control, right. GM, Volvo, Nissan, Honda, etc. all have the same shit.

However on that note, I won't sleep at the wheel but I'll play dead just to fuck with people. but because of this video Tesla is going to force an over the air (OTA) update that adds even more nagging shit to the autopilot software. Currently you have to apply torque to the wheel every so often or when certain parameters are met; change lane, car gets in from of, or out of your lane. You have a few seconds to acknowledge the visual warning before it gives an audible alarm, ignore the audible alarm or if you have three audibles in one trip then the car will put the hazard lights on and bring the car to a stop unless you take over manually.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sounds annoying as shit...

Beep..beep...an idiot has moved out of your lane...beep...beep...

Beep...beep..put your hands on the wheel stupid...beep..beep...we aren't that good at this yet...beep.beep..

7. Trunxgp1224

It doesn't beep it's a visual thing, and if your hands are on the wheel it never pops up anyway.

8. Trunxgp1224

The car right now does highway driving perfectly fine, it's everything else.

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

How would you see it with your eyes closed?

10. Trunxgp1224

You wouldn't therefore it'd kick itself out of the driver assist features.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You have a Tesla. You had a Leaf. Justify the savings of the Tesla over the Leaf....

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So deep sleepers will now be sitting in the middle of the interstate at a dead stop? Not sure I like that.

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Only until the first Old Dominion truck comes through.

14. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

The batteries were dead on this thread, thanks for charging it back up again.....

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

16. Trunxgp1224

The first gen Leaf has a 85mile range. That meant anything besides commuting/ errands required me to drive the truck. Even with the leaf, it only replaced 50% of driving the truck.

I don’t either. The cars with the new hardware with pull to the shoulder. There’s supposed to be a software update that does something similar for older cars. Maybe I’ll try it out.

My lung is hurting so bad laughing at this.

17. In Your Corner

18. Trunxgp1224

That's a common thing to happen, the lane markings disappear so the car see's the line on the far left and far right and then tries to center you in the "lane" shooting you towards the barrier. It's a common thing to happen around off ramps and turn lanes. There's also seems to be no rhyme or reason, there's a turn lane on the way home that it never had a problem with now for the past few months it tries to pull to the right and get in the turn lane.

This is also a problem with self driving features, not Tesla or electric cars in general.

19. In Your Corner

Does the Tesla warn you at all?
    My Civic would tell me to steer in that situation.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!