1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 1 | Qatar | Mar 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Fear the Marquez is going to lowside into you will give you amazing agility.

Prospect, SpeedyE and BigBird like this.
  3. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

I think he was running soft/soft if I recall. Was expecting him to start drifting back in the last 10.

4. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

In the first third of the race when Mir was really up putting pressure, and even looking at this picture, he even looks like he is carrying more lean and body language than MM93. I remember there was an onboard early on from whoever was behind Mir at the time, and it totally floored me as he leaned over his elbow got down and then he had to pull it in to lean even more. Was like watching us mortals get our knee down and pull it in a bit.

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

It was a condition of the contract to make sure your head spins like an owl. Since the bike struggles to hold it's line, you have no choice but to turn your head that much if you want to continue to look where you WANT to go :D

BigBird likes this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

With a 4th and 8th, and actually leading the race a couple times at mid-distance, the bike's problems are not mid-turn. In fact, the bike's "problems" seem fairly manageable. I think, all things considering, 'Toe should be pretty happy.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They looked better overall than the Yamahas for sure.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

C'mon, man...we're openly bullying the SUUK fans...feel free to join in.

BigBird likes this.
  9. dsapsis

I like (and race one) Suzukis. S In fact, I "like" all the makes. Just like I "like" all the riders.
    YMMV. :D

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Is this similar to how @Anchovie likes “Big Peen”?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I see Rins doing the same as last year and burning his tires up by three quarters in. In his defense it looks like the Zook is still severely lacking rear grip. He was blazing the tire out of corners. I think the power is not so bad in retrospect.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I wonder if Rins got up to third/fourth and then just camped it, if that would preserve his tires a bit more than trying to go for (and taking) the lead.

13. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How much of that is Rins and how much is the lack of electronics on the Zuk?

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Kinda like Rossi back in his 'stalking' days pressuring the leader into a mistake then overtaking within the last half dozen laps, if even that early.

Was thinking a bit of both, possibly more lack of electronics?

15. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

What an incredible start to the season.

Damn I felt bad for Fabio Quartararo.

16. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

Yes but his education is priceless ... I would wager that does not happen again. What better time to get that out of the way than your first GP race.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You can burn the rear tire off a 2003 R6 also..... probably around the same power as well...

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm in awe of these guys, but it doesn't sit well with me when rookies are running at the front in the first race of the season. I don't think it reflects very well on the others, especially with such limited testing rules in place.

19. dsapsis

This weekend rookies finished 8th, 11th, 17th and DNF.

In 2006, rookies finished 2, 6, 16th in the first race.
    In 2008, rookies finished 2, 4, 6th and DNF.
    In 2010, rookies finished 6, 8, and 12th through 15th.
    In 2013 rookies finished 3, 9, and 16th.

I see no problem, and want to see all four of these kids do well.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Crazy kids these days, should respect their elders :Poke: