1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2019 | Round 1 | Qatar | Mar 8 - 10

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

i still think they should put a lockable or movable 3-axis gyrometer on the bike.

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

So Miller...lots of talk about his seat and who should have secured what and how he rode on the frame blah blah blah...but I've seen no discussion anywhere about him chucking debris into a pack of racers. I'm actually astounded that wasn't penalized. He was already floating across the track into the pack well off pace before he threw the seat as well.

I like Miller, but I think he should have been black flagged for that for sure.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

I was expecting some sort of penalty as well.

4. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

5. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Certainly a dangerous move from Miller. Hand up, come off pace and come well off line. Eject seat foam. Get back to racing if you can.

He was more like, come off pace. Sit up in the middle of the pack. Throw seat foam. Now, if it was just foam, it probably wouldn't hurt anyone, but it could block their vision or cause them to swerve. As tight as that pack was, that would not be a good thing.

turbulence likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

even the commentators were like WTF is he doing

7. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice MM suit zipper below the velcro strap before the race? Then it came open about 5" during the race. I had that happen once and I sat up too far under braking, the wind went in my suit and it blew the zipper half way down below my chest protector. Could not ride with that acting like a parachute at all.

8. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Or the Junior Johnson philosophy:

"It ain't illegal 'till they tell you it's illegal".

Bloodhound and Razr like this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Saw that too and thought the same thing. I think it's a little different for these jockey-sized fellows, though.

If anything he probably knew it was down and just went with it. Far too involved in the scrap to do anything about it....

10. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Champer, Chino52405, bwhip and 5 others like this.
  11. Ducati read the rule book and they have a very talented group of folks working directly and indirectly on their program. Even an American who once built a crazy bike himself, I won’t name him but he’s not EB.

BigBird likes this.
  12. speedkelly

speedkelly Well-Known Member

13. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Honestly, how is Marquez not sliding off the track in that picture. Just wow.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

he's smiling for the track photographer like at a track day :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Funny how when it came race time things were back to normal at Yamaha. Rossi Qualifies poor and races well, Maverick does the opposite. Franco started off well and then drifted back while Fabio Started from pit lane and actually made some progress. I think it is gonna be interesting this year in that team.

Petrucci looks like he has the speed if they can figure out how to keep a tire under him. I think we can expect to see the Dovi-Marky Mark show until Lorenzo is healthy but hopefully the others can keep it interesting.

16. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Rins looks to be even more leaned over!

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Joan Mir is the real MVP.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

SpeedyE and aaronson like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

The Great One likes this.
  20. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Hard to argue against that. Rins might be a little more worried after that race.