1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maserati motorcycle.

Discussion in 'General' started by Sabre699, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Guess we'll change the thread title to 32 ft per second per second.

2. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

With one JATO unit per Sparrow , it will take 4.6 seconds.. ich

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

African and laden cause It could grip it by the bars....

:D

4. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

You'll find very simlar looking bikes of that vintage made by Ducati, Benelli, Bianchi, MV, Parilla, etc. Lots of shared mechanicals but the tin-knocking is mostly one-off per manufacturer. Neat stuff, had a few.

joec likes this.
  5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I was going to say that it looks very similar to a BSA Bantam, then I read this -

"...They were handsome, stylish little things powered by a DKW-derived, 123cc, two-stroke single..."

Which is why it looks like a Bantam, Small Heath's finest lightweight was based on the same DKW engine design that found it's way to the UK at the end of the Second World War.

joec likes this.
  6. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Actually, weight (mass) does matter. Air resistance is a force. The more weight (mass) an object has, the more force will be exerted on it by gravity. Leading to higher terminal velocities for heavier objects vs. lighter objects of the same size.

Glad I could make The Beeb smarter today. :D

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, but not enough to increase the speed to 185mph.

Not totally relevant, but this is a cool vid.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Harley Hummer, too. Tho' US, not UK, of course.

9. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Size and coefficient of drag are unrelated. Not saying that the motorcycle will hit 185, but I think it's a stretch to say it won't because it's similar in size to a human. Especially when humans can hit speeds well over 200 mph if desired.

10. That’s for a skydiver who is in a body position which maximizes air resistance.

I was clocked at 297 mph while in a no-Lift dive.

joec and OGs750 like this.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Barber Museum has at least 2 50cc Maserati bikes in it's collection. One is a trike/servi-car kinda thing.

12. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

How fast on a treadmill?

13. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

So it should do 185...:beer:

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It all depends on altitude. That RedBull guy hit something like 800mph. I was originally assuming we were talking about normal skydiving heights.

15. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I was going off your bold 195 km/h...I guess I should have actually said it as well. :D

16. joec

joec brace yourself

The red bull guy only held the record for like a year too.
    My father spent years skydiving and was airborne SF. Packed reserves and did prototype testing. Ive never had a chance to ask him, but is there a sense of real speed when in a dive like that??

17. When I did the almost 300mph head down dive, it blew the contact lenses out of my eyes, despite me wearing a full-face helmet with visor.

joec likes this.