1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Growing Chili Peppers or other foodstuff

Discussion in 'General' started by badmoon692008, Mar 8, 2019.

1. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I just grabbed the seed markers they had at home depot... all my seeds are from fataliiseeds.net

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

:confused:o_O :D

Yes, very trusted.

Cannoli and stangmx13 like this.
  3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I chose Burpee because of the seeds I was looking for.
    Park Seed and Gurney's are good also

Cannoli likes this.
  4. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Don't know if it's been asked yet but, could you give out some info on your grow stuff? I'm thinking about doing that myself.

7. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

As in starter kits ?

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

G 97 likes this.
  9. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I just ordered a propagator (tray with a cover and a seed tray that sits inside it) with a heat mat, and a fluorescent "grow light" on amazon and grabbed some seed starter soil and markers from home depot. Looked up some peppers I liked and some I thought would be cool and ordered them from a website ( I used fataliiseeds.net) and soaked them and planted them and thats where I'm at now... the next steps remain to be determined.

10. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Lots of people I know in Washington State are really good at growing plants indoors, none of them are chili peppers. Also, none of them have to worry about choppers spotting them or other LE concerns.

G Dawg likes this.
  11. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

This is the easiest way to start.
    https://parkseed.com/parks-original-bio-dome-60-cell-seed-starter/p/06529/
    Put the seeds in the sponges, fill tray with water, place on heat mat and forgabodit.
    I use Fox Farm soil and nutrents. But that's not necessary.
    Transplant into 2" pots once the roots get fairly long. Then tranplant into the ground.
    If starting indooors, you have to harden off the plants slowy before putting them outside permantly.

12. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

13. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Lots of respect to you guys for an interesting hobby/talent that is always changing. Plus its nice to watch things grow putting a little a TLC and science.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

What exactly did you want to know? I know a thing or two about indoor gardening.

Metalhead likes this.
  15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

This

bunch of noobs... :D

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Not peppers, but fig trees I started this winter from clippings last fall. The clippings were just a few inches long when I potted them in November.

New clippings in November 2019
    [​IMG]

May 2020
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Funny, decided this was the first year I was going to try LEDs. Been moderately impressed with where the technology is at these days - I'm running two 1250s in my 5x5 tent and it keeps my moms and clones in a good spot and puts off significantly less heat than the 600 they replaced.

What wattage is that?

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

They are 1500w. I have three of them now. After I moved the fig trees outside a few weeks ago, I started some squash, peppers, and tomatoes inside. I also used a seedling heating pad to kick start germination. Just transplanted them to the garden this week.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  19. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I love how you waited a year and 2 months or so before offering help .:D
    I also smiled that Metalheads old name Anchovie is memorialized in this thread :beer:

20. d_alexand

d_alexand Well-Known Member

I have a container garden that I started mid March when the shit hit the fan. I have tomatoes, potatoes, bell peppers, cilantro, sweet basil, and strawberries growing in four 22gal plastic totes.

I kept it pretty basic with the cheapest potting soil I could find, then added garden lime and eggshells(free fertilizer). Everything is looking good so far.