1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greatest music album of all time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Mar 6, 2019.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nah late 90's I think. Big outdoor festival in Charlotte.

2. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

We are hitting on some really great old stuff here. Leaving aside anything recorded after 1980, ...

So, I live more than a few miles north of the Mason-Dixon line, and I am the first guy to say, "One More From the Road"? Skynyrd. Light Bic. Hold up. Scream, "Free Bird"! Hell, I did that at my kids' band's metal shows just to entertain them... I used to play Free Bird in the van just before my motos, in the early 80's, and then jump out ready to race. Inspirational.

And while we are on music from back in the day, "Fandango," by ZZ Top. Great live tracks from the Warehouse in Nawlunz.

Santana's first album, "Santana," 1969. Strong debut. Latin fusion. Still great to listen to.

Allman Brothers. Along with "Live at Fillmore East," already mentioned, there is "Eat a Peach," and "Brothers and Sisters."

Next time you are tempted to listen to the Eagles or Fleetwood Mac, try these instead.

Edit: grapefruite?

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

for old school ZZ, Tres Hombres...ah haw, haw, haw, haw

4. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

others not mentioned ( i think),
    Santana Abraxas
    SRV Texas Flood or Couldnt Stand the Weather, or etc
    Van Morrison Moondance
    Jimi Are You Experienced
    The Band
    AC/DC Back in Black
    too many choices and too subjective to pick only one

tl1098 likes this.
  5. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

Aerosmith "Rocks" - their best IMO

rd400racer likes this.
  6. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Best debut album? NAS Illmatic
    Best live album? The Roots Come Alive
    Best greatest hits album? Otis Redding
    Best 80's metal album?
    Best 60's hippie music album?
    Best rap album? Outkast Aquemini or Mos Def Black on Both Sides
    Best movie soundtrack?
    Best country album?
    Best Rock/Metal/thing with loud guitars - Tool

motoboy and busa99 like this.
  7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

Excellent, complete album. To use a catchy term, way ahead of its time.

Steeltoe, Razr and Chino52405 like this.
  8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Tool-Undertow

Chino52405 likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sanctified at about 100 decibels!

ekraft84 likes this.
  10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Lowell George and Little Feat .Great band saw one of the last shows before he passed.

motoboy likes this.
  11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Peach...
    LOL

12. backbone

backbone scarred for life

The Dicks / Big Boys live at Rauls /thread

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Any of you guys like R-kelly,or any of Michelle Jacksons albums as greatest hits? Heard those two manly men made some crazy sales.
    Never listened to any of them,but they must be great artists,as they have record breaking sales? :D

14. joec

joec brace yourself

Nin was ok. But I think they kind of ruined industrial music with the clean sound. Not saying it's not a good album. But I don't think it can hold a candle to The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste/ministry. Start to finish just not stop energy. In case you didn't feel like showing up is also great if you like that sort of thing.

I've seen both bands live.. ministry hands down destroys nin when it comes to heavy hard driving rock and roll. Youd leave a ministry show beaten, bruised, deaf, and most of the time drunk and ready to fight. You'd leave a nin show wanting to make out with your girlfriend or something.

I have a feeling a nin show is the better show these days though. Trent has made boatloads of cash.

Skinny puppy still has a better life performance. I just don't find the darkness of an entire album that tolerable. Rabies and Too Dark Park are my favorite full albums. The others definitely have stand out cuts..

cha0s#242 and ekraft84 like this.
  15. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Rabies #1 for sure. SP is Definitely the loudest show I ever heard.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  16. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

If you're listening to music to get laid, you're missing the point. Also, EAD and get back to listening to Warrant. I'm sure Cherry Pie will get you laid. :D

turner38 likes this.
  17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

18. cha0s#242

NIN kind of bastardized the Industrial sound by making it feel "warm and horny". Still good stuff though, but will never hold a candle to the holy trinity of Skinny Puppy/Ministry/Front 242.

19. srush

srush Active Member

Have you heard Live Necronomicon? They put it out a couple years ago and it's pretty much the full In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up show including covers of Skinny Puppy (Smothered Hope with Ogre on vocals), PiL, Pailhead, Revolting Cocks, PiL... Good stuff!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  20. cha0s#242

I think it's on Youtube. It's awesome.