1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greatest music album of all time?

Discussion in 'General' started by Once a Wanker.., Mar 6, 2019.

1. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Side A of Hot Rats is better, but side B sucks, so OSFA is my pick. Same thing with Atom Heart Mother someone mentioned earlier. The Dead's Blues For Allah falls into the "best side" category, but falls flat on the flip side.

2. motoboy

One of their roadies from that tour is a Greenvillian. He was also the guitar tech for Prince's female bassist for awhile. Forgot her name.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  3. motoboy

And as for The Beatles, Revolver deserves an honourable mention.

seroj likes this.
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Sublime, 40 oz to freedom, story of my life

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

Peter Frampton, duh

FCA

tl1098 likes this.
  6. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Their last album was a little disappointing, more like a movie soundtrack.
    I saw them about 6 years ago, don't remember the tour name, I guess I could dig out the concert shirt from the closet!

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Lots already named that I agree with, but two albums that helped me a lot when I got sober were Cash's American Recordings and Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory. Greatest of all time? No, but they will always be great to me.

MachineR1 likes this.
  8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Tchaikovsky Symphony N0. 4 in F Minor by the New York Philharmonic with Bernstein conducting. Unbeatable!!!

9. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Live - Allman Brothers at Fillmore

Guy Clark Old No. 1 deserves a mention.

seroj and noles19 like this.
  10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

NOT a fucking chance!

Three GREAT musicians that collectively made the shittiest music EVER!

Their albums should be titled, "Music to NOT get you Laid" with volume numbers assigned to each one.

MachineR1 and noles19 like this.
  11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Smells like LouDog inside the van.

I akshully named my dog Lou. Rest his smelly soul.

12. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Definitely good but I prefer Mahler’s #2 with Bernstein directing the N.Y. Philharmonic. The Resurrection symphony just grabs me. One of my all time favorite pieces of music written.

beac83 and kenessex like this.
  13. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Reign in Blood
    London Calling
    The Wall
    In the Flat Field

Many more...

Totally depends on mood for me.

ToofPic likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

I don’t agree with your choices respectfully. But this says it all.

I love a lot of different styles of music. I couldn’t pick just one. So many variables in my mindset at any given moment influence why I want to hear in any part of the day.

And even the same bands albums will appeal or not to me at any given moment.

OldGuyOnBlu, tl1098 and t11ravis like this.
  15. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

The Mahler is a nice piece, I just don't have appreciation for the vocals. That is also the reason I can't handle opera. The instrumentals can be awesome and the vocals suck.

Sprinky likes this.
  16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

17. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

Honestly I used to just skip the vocals until I had a chance to see it performed by Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra with full chorus. I’m not sure why, but it gave me a better appreciation of the vocals. Since I understand absolutely zero German I just started to think of the vocals of just another group of instruments in the symphony. I really don’t get into operas otherwise.

18. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Alice in Chains Unplugged album. Is it the best of all time? Come to think of it yes, yes it is.

TLR67 likes this.
  19. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Dark side of the moon is right near the top of my list. For proper listening, it has to be listened to start to finish.

Led Zeppelin II is probably my all time favorite.

20. StaccatoFan

One album that’s never mentioned that is a Masterpiece of the 80s and 90s Metal peak is Queensryches “Operation Mindcrime”

You cannot just listen to it once. I hated it the first listen. It too complex to grasp at first listen. But it’s an incredible work of art.

evakat likes this.