1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 at roebling

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sportracer07, Mar 4, 2019.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

So how many of you are entering Vintage V8 mw and v8hw at roebling road in a few weeks?

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I know Mike Burns is going to be in HW... I was Solo in it at Talladega.... Wish I could be there but I cant.. Good Luck.

3. sportracer07

cool anybody else? James Roth??

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  4. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I wish I could come down to race but I think I’m going to focus on the north central series this year. Last year was my first year racing and I had a ton of little issues. I’ve been doing a lot of prep work this winter so hopefully I have a better season this year.

5. sportracer07

Good luck this year kyle it will be my first full season with Wera this year. I really thought more pple would chime in and be racing. I figured for sure james roth and tim debusk wld be there

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Roth will be around running it for sure, he just doesn't come on here any.

7. sportracer07

Oh ok gotcha mongo lol. I think Roth won the v8 championship last year didnt he? Lets try it this way how many V8 guys running the Atlantic coastal region this season?

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will be at Barber, Cycle Jam and Mid Ohio.... HW... might have a MW bike by Vintage Days.

9. Kyle Brosius

I’ll be racing all of the north central races including mid Ohio as well as cycle jam (hopefully) and the GNF. I’m going to see how I do at v8hw with my 600 as well. What bike are you looking at for MW TLR67? I’ve been contemplating picking up a v8hw bike but can’t justify it.

10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looking to build a 08/09 GSX-R 600 once my 1000 sells..... But I have been saying this for 4 Years now. LOL

11. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

I’ll be making my come back at roebling v8 hwt looks like probably a rain race

TLR67 likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That’s awesome Lane! Good to see ya back!

13. lanehammond

Thanks bud how’d your shoulder feel at tally

14. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Sweet, I'll look for you at Nelson's. It will be nice just being able to race at a track I know well instead of trying to learn Mid-Ohio for the first time!

15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

All good for riding... just need to let it heal up 100%... found out at my age collar bones don’t heal as fast as when your younger..

16. Kyle Brosius

I’ll be in the same boat you are in at mid Ohio. I have never been to Nelson’s so I’ll have to try and learn it in practice. Maybe I can get you to give me a tow.

17. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

It's a pretty easy and fun track to learn, no elevation changes or blind corners at all. To go fast requires some courage in a couple of spots but that's about it. I haven't been on the track at speed since they repaved it so I'm excited to turn some laps and see how well I can get my TLR around a track I have 25 years of experience at! If Jim Roth shows up he will smoke everyone so let's hope he stays home!

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  18. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The endurance schedule is messing my regional points plan. I still plan on making 6 rounds total though. Good to see Lane will be back out on the grid...him and Mike will be the guys to beat in the HWT class for sure.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Way way way way too early to predict weather there.

20. lanehammond

Thanks bud you still got your 1000? Heard you was selling it