1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 MotoGP fantasy league

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

once the league site opens up on MotoGP.com, you can set up your league account, you will then need to tell us here who you are. you can only play with one account here ;)

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

It seems like last year it was already up and running at this point.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I like that idea. There's enough money/people to pay out for top 3 spots.

I haven't seen a paypal email posted where to send the money to. Although, I'm going to wait anyway until it opens up on the site. I'm somewhat skeptical that it will...we're only a few days away from the first race and it's not up yet. I don't recall it being a last-minute thing in previous years.

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's always been a last minute thing. Sometimes as late as Friday, but it's always happened.

Sapsis will pm you his PayPal. Check back periodically.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    sbk1198 likes this.
  5. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

We don't NEED the site if someone wants to manage it the way all fantasy leagues used to be run, by hand. It could be tracked pretty easily via spreadsheet with results posted here. I'm happy to setup the spreadsheet if it comes to that.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What is this manual "by hand" concept you speak of?? ....just kidding lol Yeah you're right, we wouldn't really need the site if it comes to that. It's just nice because it's all done for you there and you can compare your standing with EVERYONE in the world.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

As soon as the game goes up (if I don't see it someone tell me) I'll send out the formal instructions. I'm a cautious guy, despite what my wife and crash record say, and I don't want to hang my head low and have to return a bunch of bets if DORNA pulls the plug. If they do do that, I say we mount a protest march at Jerez! Who's in?

We would have to be able to replicate the rule structure, which isn't entirely intuitive -- say you pick MM to finish 1st but he finishes 5th -- he gets 11 pts.
    If you pick him 5th and he finishes 1st, he still gets 11 points. In other words you only get dinged directly by under-predicting due to missing the slot for the actual higher finisher. I think I have that right <ducks>. If that comes to pass and you are able to work out the spreadsheet logic, I think that would be fine, but obviously, we'd need to have it as a shared doc so everyone can see and audit the inputs/results.

8. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

It has been a couple of years since I played the BBS game...but I am in for 2019... Pedrosa is out...so I win that claim outright. Now I need to find new people to officially pull for and rail against... :)

Phl218 likes this.
  9. dsapsis

cgordon in.

10. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Phil Wilkinson in?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'll give it another go. Now to find a way to watch all of the races... I have AT&T U-verse and last I checked, still no BeIn.
    Guess I'll have to splurge and buy the package from MotoGP.

12. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

I'm in

13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

The gentlemen above stole my thunder with the shared google sheet recommendation. Not to be too immodest, but I’m very confident in my ability to workout whatever spreadsheet logic we’d need in there.

Can you link to the actual scoring methodology?

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

That certainly doesn't seem like a hard confirmation, Bird.

16. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I started on something last night, but decided to wait and see what the status of the league was before putting any more effort into it. I don't have the scoring info other than what dsapsis posted above.

17. dsapsis

Is it common to trust reddit conversations (I'm old; don't do reddit)?

This is a bummer if true. The online game has a couple of built-ins that I would think may be difficult to emulate. Specifically, I am thinking about secure submittals and timing out changes to the lineup at x minutes before race start. There are probably others. As far as scoring rules, I can't seem to find any archive of them. I do the what I posted was how it worked numerically and I just thought of a way to confirm: They send you an email with your lineup picks one through fifteen as a confirmation. Then, after the game they send you a deconstructed result with how each position fared. I can make these two files available for some races -- would that work?

As far as being really discontinued, I say we put our man in Europe on the case. Paaaaaapaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

it doesn't, but I usually thought along with it seems others that "the League" was already posted the first week of the season.

the motogoat site only uses the top 10 for the rankings, but does allow us to have our own group.
    I just created one, in case we wanted to go that direction

19. dsapsis

Sorry I missed you Phil (not to be confused with Phil218). Yes, you are in, presuming either the game goes up on motogp.com or we are able to stand up our own application.

20. dsapsis

Why would they build it to different spec (top ten instead of fifteen)? Picking the bottom of the card is some of the hardest part of the game.
    Wait...

Phl218 likes this.