1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage electric bikes and cars coming soon

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

You sure about that, my truck is 11 years old, I don't see it going away anytime soon, I usually keep my cars at least 10 years, so 14 isn't much of a stretch. They're a utility for me, not a status symbol.

crashman likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I prefer an electric trolling motor :D

Chris likes this.
  4. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to justify anything, the purchases were already justified when the EVs showed they would more than pay for themselves in my case. The civic or volt would certianly have paid for themselves also, but they cost more then the Leaf and didn't have the options and benefits of the Tesla.

A 10mm is a wrench for nuts/bolts, the phillips is a screwdriver for screws, not a comparison. The truck can tow the RV, the car can not, not a valid comparison in the ability of the vehicles. The truck is used to drive me around, the car is used to drive me around a valid comparison in the ability of both.

Well then maybe you'll crunch the numbers one day and see if an EV is right for you on your next purchase to replace a vehicle in your house.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

YouTube thread.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly my point.... An econo box is for getting a to b cheaply. A truck is not.

7. Trunxgp1224

and the EV gets me there even cheaper than the econobox which is why I bought the EVs instead of an Econobox.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So why do you insist on comparing it to a truck?

9. Trunxgp1224

Because it's replacing the truck as a daily driver, what part of that are you still not understanding?

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

11. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

How long would that take to pay for itself compared a truck?

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

From here forward I'm replace the saying "comparing apples to oranges" with "Comparing Telsa's to trucks".

badmoon692008 likes this.
  13. Trunxgp1224

Well if you're replacing a truck with an EV for daily driving then it would be an accurate comparison.

pscook likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

15. Trunxgp1224

16. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I can't afford to replace a $10,000 used truck, with a $70,000 used Telsa, so I can break even in 10 years, while giving up all the usefulness and utility of a truck.

jksoft and badmoon692008 like this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the comparison of a daily driver to a non daily driver to start :crackup:

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But think of all the money you'll save spending $70k. :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. Trunxgp1224

Then don't buy a $70K tesla, I didn't pay anywhere near that for mine, that's a good start. Or don't even buy a Tesla, there's plenty of other EVs to choose from.
    If I drive the truck every day, that makes it a daily driver