1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bizarre California

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Timothy Landon, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

2. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

If the locals want to rename the airport, they can. No need to dig up 40 year old statements to justify it.

Just sell the naming rights to the highest bidder already.

3. Timothy Landon

Alrighty then. Lets change the name of the Washington Monument because George had White Privilege and that offends me.

4. beac83

Seriously? You are comparing the Washington Monument to the name of the airport (and it was not called John Wayne airport when it was built - the name was changed in 1979 after Wayne died). It's been an airport since 1923 (Eddie Martin Airport) and was named Orange County Airport from 1939 to 1979.

Let the false equivalencies roll!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Chris and G 97 like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

What was the name of George Bush Intercontinental in Houston before he was president? Call it whatever the f@*k, who cares...especially in Commiefornia.

6. beac83

That was simply Houston Intercontinental

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So much for Reagan National in DC.......:(

8. Timothy Landon

I'm going to start a petition to have your avatar and name changed. Because you hurt my feelings.

9. beac83

10. beac83

Yeah, that should be changed back to "National Airport", too.

I'm not a fan of all this re-naming crap. (but you may have figured this out by now :D)

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

John Wayne was a racist prick. Fuck him.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I have no issue with naming stuff but think two criteria should be met.
    #1 the person MUST be dead. This prevents politicians spending my money then slapping their name on it to increase their election chances
    #2 the previous name should not be replaced because someone was a whiny bitch. This is harder but if the previous was a confederate soldier don't change it because of that. However if something was changed to honor someone new that is fine (see criteria one) Also changes should not be race or gender based either. So for instance if the name of your school is an old white dead dude but you are not white that is not a reason to change it. Rather teach WHY that person (emphasis on person) was honored and is worth emulating. This criteria is impossible to get 100% correct admittedly.

13. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

OK Go: John Wayne.

sheepofblue likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My favorite airport name is Hartsfield Latoya Jackson Intergalactic Spaceport and Nail Emporium

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Micky Leland

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I see you've moved on from the Santa Monica Observer to possibly even more shite sources. We are actually going to use some of them for forest health/fuel treatments, but go on, Leon.

18. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Are you saying it's not true that Newson pulled some of the NG to combat illegal pot mfgs? I read he was pulling around 150 or so a week ago.

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/11/6934...-ends-states-national-guard-border-deployment

19. In Your Corner

I see you've moved on to NPR, that ultra right wing rag.

20. In Your Corner

Great argument as usual.
    Saul is beaming.