1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire carts? Where to get 'em?

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I had some time this weekend so I made a hitch to pull the cart behind the Zuma. I had all the steel and a little welder, so I took some measurements and put something together. I plan to put a single bolt through the luggage rack on the back of the Zuma to attach the upper mount. I may even have a spare Heim joint that I could put on there to allow the scooter to lean without binding the hitch.

For anyone planning to drill through the center area of the cart handle, there is some plastic mechanism inside that box. I drilled through the lower part of the middle and it is still there and appears functional still. If I had to do it again, I would probably go 1/2 inch up from the bottom to avoid some of the plastic.

20190303_133254.jpg

JTRC51 likes this.
  2. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’ll be in for a group buy as long as it is quality

3. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Wondering if there was any traction on this.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am currently gauging offers but hesitant in regards of quality. will keep you guys posted.

also working on a new design that i will partially contract out if it becomes feasible.

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I posted about this either in this thread or the WTB section.

I put a Tipke Fold-It cart in my 'cart' about a week ago. It came out to $225 shipped or thereabouts.

Just got an email giving me a 30% discount for everything in my cart with $2.99 shipping for orders over $89.

I'm about to do this. I don't need 2 carts but hell, i can't pass up a good deal on anything.

https://www.statelinetack.com/Cart....HASH=FFE6B4B93F4D044814AE73D3CA689FB1BDDD36F3

Edit: Some slick sales BS here....they almost got me. :mad:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  6. gapman789

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That place is just up the road from me. I went there thinking I could buy one and avoid the steep shipping. Turns out it's just an office. No store, no desk, no deal. Just a drop shipper.

8. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

If you have the means, I’ve got 2 hours and $50 in this. A yard utility cart for lawn tractor or 4 wheeler. wood is cedar. Scrap aluminum.
    wheels from tractor supply.

Attached Files:

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A6E0B1D2-93A6-462C-828C-42D3B7166E58.jpeg 2 Year Bump… Figured out a great Hitch option… I used a boats Bimini swivel pole and quick releases, Put one on the handle and one on my homemade $6 bracket I added to my shitty scooter…

Attached Files:

Britt likes this.
  10. gapman789

I just used the bicycle attachment from the tipke cart and made a 'hitch bolt' so to speak on the fender of my chinese grom. Plenty of turning radius like a 5th wheeler. :)

tirecart.jpg tirecart1.jpg tirecart2.jpg

G Dawg, YamahaRick and TLR67 like this.