1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still spending monies on Hawk products!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

My fondest memories are of when Rich Conicelli and I would race with WERA. :D

2. Mblashfield

I’ve never ridden a hawk on the street and I’ve had 4 of them.

3. Mblashfield

Mmmmmmm. Carbs. A6A71293-E95D-4E25-A582-8CFEBC78BB4A.jpeg

Repo Man 32 and ChemGuy like this.
  4. Mblashfield

Please tell him hello for me.

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Will do.
    My is hanging on the wall :)

Attached Files:

6. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

I love mine.

Hawk518 likes this.
  7. Mblashfield

Tall guys on little bikes :beer:

cha0s#242 likes this.
  8. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Can't wait to get mine on the road this Spring !

Hawk518 likes this.
  9. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Picked up one on salvage. Still need a plan for it. Stuck in gear, haven't torn into it yet. Thinking an 848 rear wheel is in the works once it's running. Stock wheels were already swapped out.

10. cha0s#242

A Hawk or an NC30 ? If building a VFR, I'd go all out and get BSTs from the TYGA website.

11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Hawk might get the 848 conversion. Has vfr front and rear now.

Building a mostly all out VFR750 as well. Have to wait til Christmas for the engine. Not doing carbon wheels though.

12. cha0s#242

13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:D

15. Repo Man 32

Repo Man 32 Lifetime Member

My $.02:

I raced both a Hawk and an FZR400 for several seasons - Loved them both. :bow:

I'm a Yamaha hardcore, But the Hawk.... Well, I sold the 400 and kept the Hawk, still have it. It was *magic* how it handled.
    Both had some work, both made 60-ish HP, both ran 12.30's or 12.40's at the strip. 108mph for both.
    And at my home tracks - IRP and Putnam - the same lap times from what I remember.

Then the SV650 came out in 1999 - they made 70-ish HP when warmed over, I was 40 years old and 10HP down....:(

My last race was the WERA National at IRP in 1999, I rode my ass off for 7th place behind 6 SV's at my home track.... I was done. :mad:

BUT: Down In the garage, waiting for someday, is my Hawk.... When I'm down there I reassure my 3 Yamahas I do, of course love them still... I sometimes question myself about loving a bike from the Evil Red Empire / Lawnmower Factory... How could this happen?!?!? :eek:

It happened because the Hawk is Fooking *magic*.... :clap:

gt#179 and dtalbott like this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I raced a Hawk in D production back when it was new. I felt like in production trim the FZR 400 was a better race bike. On the street, the Hawk killed them all. I loved riding that thing in the No GA mtns. On the track I felt like every FZR I beat should have been ashamed. I did pretty well on it but couldn't do anything to it since it was my demo bike from Action Honda Suzuki (remember us?).

17. Mike_F

Mike_F New Member

Very cool carb setup! I love the Hawk GT for the street. It's not over powered for public roads and can have fun twisting the throttle.

18. cornbread421

cornbread421 Well-Known Member

I bought one with a blown motor striped it down to just a roller with plans to put a cr500 motor in it. That dream had to take a back seat when I seen what folks want for those big bore smoke motors.