1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

North Korea

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by sheepofblue, Apr 27, 2018.

1. gixxerreese

gixxerreese Well-Known Member

I hope this gets something done not for trump but for the world. It would be nice not to have some dipshit continuing to pop off rockets I want our troops home. No more wars.

2. lrrs517

lrrs517 Internet Investigative Officer

What is gonna happen now?

3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Sweet fuck all.

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It may not succeed but at least there is an effort being made.
    Trump will at least leave things better than he found them.
    No balls, no gravy.

5. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

squadoosh ... sometimes you have to walk away.

Props to him for trying. I really hoped he'd be able to pull something off. It's unfortunate that nothing has really come (for us) so far since Trump has been trying. I do think it's important that at least the relations between N and S seems to be better. I guess we'll see what's next.

6. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

the timing of the Cohen fiction was intentional. It was designed to weaken Trump's position and it was successful.

Dems, once again, chose their hate of Trump over the good of the country. Whats new.

7. code3ryder

How do you correlate NK pushing for complete removal of sanctions to Cohen's testimony? I think Trump left in a stronger position this time than he did last time. Last time I felt that he rolled over. This time he told them to fuck off and left.

8. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

My theory is NK was emboldened by knowing Trump was under attack at home which encouraged them to view him as coming from a point of weakness which made them ask for the unreasonable.

Not an original idea at all:

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...ent-trump-ahead-best-interests-united-states/

9. code3ryder

Two things... Trump is always under attack at home, no? and Trump has never cared what anyone thinks. He's been a big bully and has gotten some results in doing so.

I guess I just don't think that the Cohen "nothingburger" as many people believe Cohen's testimony to believe would have any affect on how Un thinks he could push Trump around. I would attribute Un's bravado to how he manhandled (imo) Trump last time.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

This is a list of sanctions I found against NK. How do we and the United Nations control this? And if they get caught violating the sanctions what are the consequences?

https://globalnews.ca/news/3931801/united-nations-sanctions-on-north-korea/

• Pretty well all weapons, including tanks, armoured combat vehicles, large calibre artillery systems, combat aircraft, attack helicopters, warships, missiles, or missile systems and even small arms
    • Associated material like spare parts for these weapons
    • Training or services related to those things
    • Luxury goods, including jewelry, fancy watches, crystal and china, expensive rugs, yachts, recreational vehicles like snowmobiles and jet-skis, sports equipment and luxury cars
    • Aircraft and rocket fuel, with a few small exceptions
    • Condensates and natural gas liquids
    • Refined petroleum products like gasoline or kerosene, capped at 500,000 barrels per year
    • Crude oil, capped at 4 million barrels a year
    • Financial services, including bulk cash payments, joint ventures with North Koreans and even opening North Korean bank accounts, that could contribute to North Korean missile or nuclear programs
    • Any other items, if the UN member state thinks that it could be used to further North Korea’s nuclear, missile or weapons of mass destruction programs unless it’s food or medicine
    • Crew services for North Korean vehicles like ships or planes
    • Teaching or training in chemical engineering, advanced electrical engineering, and some other advanced sciences
    • Insurance services

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wow the conclusions you draw are truly amazing :crackup:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously? Oh my lord. Kim Jung Cuckoo has always and will always ask for the unreasonable. Cohen ain't got shit to do with anything that happened in Vietnam

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't think he manhandled Trump last time at all. I thing CJ got what he wanted then and will get more now. It is negotiation after all no one goes in expecting every request/demand be met, they both go whacko and meet in the middle. CJ is a hell of a lot more blunt in his tactics than prior presidents which is fun to watch and sure as hell seems to be successful to boot.

I agree Cohen was a non issue.

14. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You would think you guys never negotiated anything in your life before. Ever go in to buy a car and the owner is a bit of a jerk? If you want to get the car do you call him out and piss him off? NO. You still treat him decently until the deal is done. You may mutter to yourself under your breath as you walk away.....

XFBO likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking you've never negotiated anything if you think that is the only method that works. Especially when you're a crazy dictator or you're the person in control of the most powerful nation in the world. Trump has no need to keep KJC happy and is negotiating from a position of absolute power, and KJC has to be a badass to try and save face and keep everyone at home in fear. They both have roles to play.

16. Motofun352

I was responding to the comment about DJT treating lil kim like a friend. No reason to piss him off, nothing to be gained. There's plenty of time to bring out the big stick if the carrot doesn't work. (mixed metaphors, I know)

17. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I think having Nuclear weapons is overrated. As a real world weapon, I think they are obsolete. And their only real world value is as a bargaining tool. Do you honestly think any nuclear capable nation in today's world would actually use them? Kim Jung Un isn't stupid or crazy. Pakistan and India will continue to fuck with each other, but will never nuke one another. I don't think even Israel would use them. Even if Iran becomes nuclear. I don't think even they are stupid enough to actually launch a nuclear weapon at Israel. If you launch a nuke, what do you gain? The guaranteed total annihilation of your own country. And possibly the destruction of the whole Planet. The only group or people I would be afraid would use one are religious radical extremists. They are the only ones that have nothing to really lose.

18. Motofun352

And Iran is exactly what? They're only one step removed.

XFBO likes this.
  19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So it's the Dems fault Trump failed to make a deal?

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Have you seen who Netenyahu is cozying up with in his attempt to stay in power?