1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cousin is Freshman All American

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jun 7, 2013.

1. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

RB has no time for sticks and balls.

2. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

@Robby-Bobby has plenty of time for the balls.....bahahahahha .

J/K bud.

3. t11ravis

2BA3517E-0664-47D2-B199-D812FE62B8CC.png Ok @Steeltoe , this is kind of a big deal.
    He’s pretty much the face of the team.

BigBird, Steeltoe and Kolbe like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

MAH BOY!!!

t11ravis likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

412 average, 14 hits, 6 RBI, 5 extra-base hits, 5 runs.

Congratulations to Jaylin Davis on being named the Minnesota Twins Minor League Player of the Week!

[​IMG]

8. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Hope to see him get called up before the year is over.

t11ravis likes this.
  9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Need a map, Frosty? :D

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Wait, isn't it racist to say he's in the minor league?

11. t11ravis

Not for long...
    Damn, beat me to it. This popped up on my FB feed last night. Very cool!

davis.PNG

12. t11ravis

13. t11ravis

Dude is having quite the season.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

t11ravis and Kolbe like this.
  15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Killin em.

https://www.milb.com/pensacola/news...g-for-blue-wahoos-in-walk-off-win/c-307715508
    [​IMG]

Moments earlier, Jaylin Davis had just made the Pensacola Blue Wahoos night special Monday when speaking with a father and his young son near the dugout.

He quickly returned to present the boy with a bat.

One keepsake moment led into another.

Davis lit up the crowd at Blue Wahoos Stadium, launching a pitch deep enough to center field that it left no doubt for a double, scoring Jimmy Kerrigan from second base with the winning run in an 8-7 walk-off victory in 10 innings against the Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp.

"This was actually the most calm I have been in this kind of situation," said Davis, the Blue Wahoos right fielder. "It's pretty weird. It definitely feels good to win this one."

A win felt even bigger among the Blue Wahoos (33-24), who remained tied with the Biloxi Shuckers in first place in the Southern League South Division with 13 games left in the first half race. The Shuckers won again, 3-0 at Mississippi, for their 15th win in the past 19 games.

The Blue Wahoos' resiliency showed again, after the taxed bullpen was unable to hold a 7-4 lead in the ninth inning. The team was also playing without first baseman-outfielder Alex Kirilloff, the No. 2 rated prospect in the Minnesota Twins organization, who was placed on the injury list before the game.

Unlike Sunday's series opener against Jacksonville when a 4-3 lead in the ninth turned into a tied game, then 9-6 loss in 10 innings, the Blue Wahoos grinded out this win.

Williams Ramirez (3-1), the fourth reliever used, picked up the win by getting just two outs in the 10th. But those were the biggest two outs of the game.

With runners on the corners, following placement of a runner on second base in this league's extra inning format, Ramirez got Jacksonville's Santiago Chavez to ground out at the pitcher's mound. After an intentional walk to load the bases, Ramirez struck out Justin Twine to end the threat.

"He's been phenomenal for us," said Blue Wahoos catcher Caleb Hamilton, who drove in four runs Monday in going 2-for-4. "He has been pounding the strike zone and that's all we ask. Especially as a catcher, whenever pitchers can come in, pound the strike zone, get guys out, any at-bat, it's a positive.

In the bottom of the 10th, Kerrigan started on second base. With two-on none out, Davis laced a 1-0 pitch for the game-winner.

"I just had a chance to win the game, so I was basically looking for (pitch) something down. He was throwing up in the (strike) zone a lot, and I got the pitch to hit.

"This team is just special. We find a way. This team definitely has that. At any time we don't put our head down, we always know we have a chance.""

Amid a crowd of 3,777, the teams combined for 23 hits and used eight pitchers.

The Blue Wahoos tied the game in the second inning. Hamilton drove in the first of his 4 RBI with a sacrifice fly deep to straightaway center and scoring Davis, who led off with a single and stole second.

In the fourth inning, Hamilton hit a two-run single after Davis' RBI single. He drove in another run in the eighth inning as part of a three-run rally.

Following three more games in two different series, the Shuckers and Blue Wahoos will face each other in a five-game series next week in Biloxi, Miss.

"We put ourselves in a good spot, being at the top of the leaderboard so we are just going to worry about us," Hamilton said. "And not what about Biloxi is doing."

BigBird, Yzasserina and Kolbe like this.
  16. t11ravis

Unreal.
    He might not be here much longer.

3F894240-8505-4350-A324-19A0FF88C4F2.png 51057DDE-A97D-446B-87AD-7D03CF711A20.png

Kolbe, BigBird and Steeltoe like this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've been trying to be quiet and was gonna stay quiet until they call him up but the hype is fking insane right now. Comparing him to Barry Bonds before he even takes the plate. It's getting ridiculous and funny at the same time because Giants fans are on social media are seriously pissed he isn't on the field already. I kinda hope they hold him back until the hype settles some but he's so hot right now there is a lot of pressure to put him in. The Giants org really seems to know what they're doing.

tl/dr He got traded to the Giants and is BLOWING SHIT UP on the west coast.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/giants/article/Outfielder-Jaylin-Davis-can-hear-Giants-14383066.php

[​IMG]

Watch out for them cougars cuz! :crackup:
    [​IMG]

20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Good luck....knock them outa the park.