1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me: Motorcycle / ATV lift tables

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If Apex is out of the game... anyone wanna make an aluminum work table for me? :D

2. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I got mine for $400 from a shop that closed up. That was about 5 years ago. Electric, but still...

3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I'm looking as well. I was preparing to buy one of those Apex tables. I can easily make something more permanent out of wood but was looking for something more portable.

4. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

So the big question is how much would you pay for an aluminum table? I have my production guys doing some costing on these, but we would need to do at least 10at a time to make it worthwhile.

5. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

I'm interested in an aluminum table . Guess I waited too long to get Apex table

6. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

I thought the Apex pricing was fair. They wanted $275 for the half/mini table and I believe it was about double that for the full table.

7. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

$500 (to my door? Yeah, ok, I'll shut up now...) for either two half tables or one full table that I can collapse and hide against a wall / under benches, etc when not in use, and fit in my toy hauler, I'm in. (And I've likely shot myself in the foot with that price target.)

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I want one but I think I will use some ‘free samples’ from work to bond the frame and skin together.
    It should be a lot cheaper and stronger than welding one up.

Kurlon likes this.
  9. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

You'll build it one piece at a time,
    And it wouldn't cost you a dime
    We'll know it's you when we see your lift
    You're gonna ride around in style
    You're gonna drive everybody wild
    'Cause you'll have the only one there is around.

yokohama1 and Mechdziner714 like this.
  10. tdoss1980

tdoss1980 Well-Known Member

11. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Apex was at Barber for a GNF a few years back and had a couple of those tables for 300$ (display models I think), damn sure wish I had bought it then....

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

but in the end the manual for it will weigh 60 pounds

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  13. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I'm showing my age with my post. The young ones are reading it and saying "WTF?" Gotta love an opportunity to bring some Johnny Cash lyrics into play.

Dan Dubeau likes this.
  14. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

I got a Handy, super happy with it after 10 + years it is still great. I looked at other stuff, HF etc. No comparison. I got mine on a good deal locally, too. But they are so good after all these years, I would think the odds are good a used one would be great.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

16. trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

I made (4) of these 24” x 96” aluminum top tables about 15 years ago. I still (2) and they always have bikes on them.

I use a ramp to get a bike on the table. B3B68BC9-90F7-4DA5-A58E-8E8DE38FEE19.jpeg

SuddenBraking likes this.
  17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

meh I got one from a friend that passed ~8yrs ago. It wasnt exactly confidence inspiring w/o supplemental straps.
    Great it folds up but its heavy. If you dont have the space for a lift... thats not going to solve any space problems.

18. Hardluck700

Hardluck700 Well-Known Member

I bought a stainless food prep table, cut the legs down and have an awesome work table. They are available, sturdy and cheap. I can knock it down in about 10 minutes.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pscook and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  19. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I have had one for years, and love it. It has some limitations since it is a rail design, obviously, but there are work arounds. I have very limited space so the Kendon was and continues to be perfect for me.

Feel free to PM me with any questions, glad to help out.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Do you mind letting me know what the main limitations are? I.e., how are you doing wheel changes, etc? To me that's the real question - if there's decent enough workarounds to swap out wheels (if I could do forks that'd be even better), I think I'd probably go that route.