1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still spending monies on Hawk products!

Discussion in 'General' started by Hawk518, Feb 26, 2019.

1. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I always felt the five speed gear box was a serious limitation. Still have two Hawks. The one 78hp one I raced for twenty years is retired and on display in the bedroom. The wife hasn’t asked me to move it out yet. I have a 70 hp street Hawk that weighs about 365 with a tank of gas. You can’t have more fun in the twisties. Of course I’ve lost track of the cost. Flat slides, heads, cams, pistons, shock, Kosman front wheel, M4 exhaust.

2. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Ryan Nelson threw a lot of money at an FZR and when it was running right, it was pretty damn fast.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thanks for the info! :bow:

4. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

Cool article. Melissa (writer of the article) was a big hawk person, and I bought a bunch of Hawk parts from Jim Davis/Hawk Connection. Rearsets and one of the first left exit exhaust systems. He used to make some cool stuff- MotoMorphic or something?

5. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I was actually building hawk to go racing LW that winter. Was all apart waiting for parts when sv showed up at dealer. I bought first one and sold hawk in boxes to Jim :)
    Funny part was looks I got when I gridded in F1 class (big bikes). I was on pole (points from season before) on naked sv with 40 gsxr's around me. I was close to last by the time we got to turn 1 :)

6. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

How many articles written about me would you like to see that have me beating/winning over a bunch of SV’s?

LOL

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Sir, its that type of attitude that is reserved for the dungeon. :Poke:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Mblashfield likes this.
  8. TWF2

All of them :)

Mblashfield likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Are there any that weren't written by you?

10. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When it comes to relationships, best not to be too keen on keeping track of cost, or what she does, or you do. :=)

11. Mblashfield

All of them.

12. Mblashfield

Do you still see Jim Davis?
    He and I worked together on quite a few Hawk related projects. My company designed his MotoMorphic logo.
    He and his girlfriend flew out to watch me beat Sv’s At Roebling one weekend.

13. Mblashfield

An article was written about that weekend, it was called “Blashfield blasts the field of new Suzuki sv’s, proving that the Honda Hawk, built and ridden by the right person, can easily compete with newer equipment”

I have several copies of the article, in hard copy. True story.

14. Mblashfield

Here’s me passing the last SV in the race to take over 1st place. entering T5. Danny Tacket, a dentist from SC. We had great battles. He never beat me. A1C78529-EBAD-4043-9032-895B14B9507B.jpeg

britx303 and Hawk518 like this.
  15. Mblashfield

2 SV’s beat me once. Bud Lawter on a badass superbike. He and Robert Fisher, Robert on a super sport SV. They both finished about 16” in front of me.

16. TWF2

Yea see him once in while when we go to same track day with cars.
    He was doing Lemons races as well.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CCS don't count :crackup:

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

When I was younger, I could not see myself participating in local CCS event.
    Now that I am older, I am starting to think, maybe, just maybe, I can trust old farts like me.

CCS is active here in the South (Northern Cuba).

19. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

We had a guy here in town that would destroy people in the canyons on his hawk, it was a riot to watch. He never accelerated coming out of turns because he never slowed down going in lol. I'd love to build a RC30 style but two things stop me: Vtwin and carbs. Both big nopes in my world.

20. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

And, why Honda needs to revive the best middle-weight ever! NC30! :)