1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little Talledega headache

Discussion in 'General' started by lateapexer, Feb 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

A few things
    1. Once again, coaches would be welcomed and I would love to explore that option again
    2. Even later on the brakes than I've already pushed myself? Damnit!
    3. refer to #2 above....damnit I knew later braking was going to come up. That's how I normally find new ways to launch myself!
    4. I swear I've seen disalvo and super fast guys run deep into the bowl out wide before blasting out, almost like making a V out of the corner rather than hugging the inside line
    5. Lastly, all this talk of balls and how big is getting Stickboy all excited

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Yes he is big on pointing and shooting there... Talked to him about it last Saturday. I told him I thought he was going to go up on the Bridge but then boom 180 and he passed 2 people going into 3. Last year Eslick talked me around Barber his way when I was racing the Triple crown there. Hetold me to do the same in Turn 5 at Barber as well... It clipped my times down a bit there.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

JD's description of how to handle that corner is 100% on point. It can also show you how to know when trail braking too much, with less risk.

4. lateapexer

no doubt he passed me ( obviously) on the brakes going in and I watched what appeared to be ramping off the bank but got the bike turned and off he went. I figured I either just watched how it was supposed to be done or he was just trying to get by traffic

5. Sportbike Tire Service

Sportbike Tire Service Active Member

Make sure you have Michelin's on your rims is important. I am curious, what tires and sizes are you using?

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

first time I was there... Im like this is a tiny track, why are there such hard braking zones...lol??

Kris87 likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

at an event there someone moved the cones on the side of the track some... and it really effed up some fast guys brake reference markers.

lateapexer likes this.
  8. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

I'm just amused at the scorn for 2's. :D

ToofPic and Kris87 like this.
  9. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Tally is a unique track.
    The bike needs to be short and tall. Early on the gas is the main key besides the 90's (right hander) I'm thinking setup vs talent here. New tires is a must.

lateapexer likes this.
  10. lateapexer

I've had too many laps to be stuck there lol

11. lateapexer

I've raced every brand! My personal best times have all been on dunlops. I'm currently running the 180/60 slicks

12. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Maybe a screenname change to latebraker or early gasser would help?

13. lateapexer

Haha that's from the autox days where I used to kill every single cone

14. Gmay99

Gmay99 Well-Known Member

I can’t really advise how to get around there at 58’ and 59’s. I’m trying to get into the 55’s

Chris, cajun636, R Acree and 17 others like this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Savage.....
    So just let him follow you on your out lap....

16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'd love to go down there to warm up and try a new track.

17. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Yeah but what does that guy know..

Lol

18. lateapexer

Poor guy, must be a terrible thing to be that fast haha

19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Dude that track is right up your alley.... Come on down...

20. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Yea I really want to. I'm in the middle of motor build on one bike and suspension rebuild on the other. Otherwise I'd try and hit it up on the way down to Daytona or on the way back but I don't think either will be done before I leave.