1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jon/ Fishing boats... Teach me.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Jun 18, 2018.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:beer:

Ya know it is a close race between fishing and golf in the amount of utter BS crap they try to sell you to improve your game/catch more fish.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    sharkattack and Funkm05 like this.
  2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

And I do both of those sports..:crackup::crackup:

4. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

I need a cheat sheet.:D

BHP41 likes this.
  5. Ya. Barometer is one factor of many. Some of the best fish I’ve ever caught were times you were “supposed” to catch anything.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  6. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Look out, now. Just sold my boat last night. Bout time I might be looking to upgrade to full retard. :D

7. I've been going full stupid with a boat, but its not mine so that makes it ok. Been using an "old" 2018 Ranger with a 320xs, I mean 250xs :) Garmin electronics are insane on it but I still don't have much better luck than fishing from a jon boat.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Truth be told, I’m more looking to upgrade my motor than anything. Mostly fishing, but I’d like to be able to pull double duty and use it to pull a tube at the family lake house once in a while. I figure a 200 hp outboard should do nicely. Nothing wrong with pulling a tube at 60, right? :D

9. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

This sounds like what my dad and I used to do. In fact, we used to rent and would load everything into the back of our old 70s station wagon.

10. I think I may pick up a fish/ ski Ranger. The lauyout doesn’t bother me for fishing like it does for some people and a fishing boat is a 1 trick pony. I don’t need one for water sports, I have friends with proper purpose built boats for that more just getting a-b with more than 2/3 people really limits you and becomes a pain when out fishing. Take boat out, go get other boat, load up family, hang out, drop off family, go get other boat

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Truthfully, I’m really leaning towards a Crestliner Fish Hawk 1750 with a 115 on it. Meets all my wants/needs. Main role is fishing, but more than capable of skiing/tubing, basic cruising with a few when the time calls for it.

12. I can afford one of each but truthfully it’s a waste of money. For tournaments I’m in a new boat anyways and a decent fish/ ski with a Mercedes or Yamaha 200+ will fit the bill just fine. 99% of the time when I’m on my boat I fish a,one because of my stupid work hours, plus the fish/ ski is a bit better when I bring the little guy fishing. But a Bullet with a 250 would be fun.

13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

A fish n ski will be my next boat for sure. Might sell the toon this year and get one. It would be everything I want/need from a boat. And I'll be able to take it to different lakes a bit easier than a 24' pontoon lol. Was thinking about doing it in a couple years anyway, but didn't really use the toon as much as I thought I would last year, and probably wont again this year. I'd get more use out of a fish n ski.

14. I’m just thinking it’s a good excuse. Catch anything? Nope, I was out tubing. Alone? Yep :)

Funkm05 likes this.
  15. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I regret selling this one years ago, fun even if the fish wouldnt bite lol. 2005 Stroker w/ Mercury 300x. Resizer_15512058057360.JPG Resizer_15512058057361.JPG

16. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Back in the day, a buddy had a Supra ski boat with a 454 in it. We’d ski at crazy speeds, many times in the 50s. I recall trying out a new slalom ski that weekend. I also recall wiping out at about 50 or so. The folks in the boat said I looked like a rock someone had thrown, trying to see how many skips they could get. That was a rough spill, but nothing a few beers and some time on the Air Chair couldn’t cure.

17. 50 on an inboard ski boat? You ever get a TICKET on a cbr1000 by chance ? :)

TLR67 likes this.
  18. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

R1, R6, FZR1000, GSX-R750/1000, ZX-10 (among others)...yes. CBR1000? Nope.

19. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I love my 19’ Nitro with just the Optimax 115 on the back. Yeah, more would be cooler but this is enough for the little lakes I fish and the boat is small enough to get me up close to docks for flipping and shit easily. I think my next boat will be a center console all fiberglass type, like a Carolina Skiff.

I’m looking at fishing kayaks at the moment, there’s quite a few ‘no motor’ lakes and ponds around me I’d like to hit. What is there to know about them? Any ‘must haves’?

20. An electric motor :)