1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROUND 01|Yamaha Finance Australian Round|22 - 24 FEB

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Feb 21, 2019.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's a 25k motorcycle. Hardly unobtainium. We had two in the shop over the winter.

2. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

That's not the point. People have been waiting in the wings for someone to come slap JR around a little bit and this was their chance to pounce.

In the article he gave full marks to Bautista, and then explained the tech differences between a $40,000 Ducati special to his $29,000 Kawi special. Some people on here just have to take any analysis and turn it into a rider moaning about something.

3. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

There's a thread on this very forum that's 30 pages long and the very specific topic of that thread is Bautista's very long and prolific history of destroying motorcycles.

If, on Rea's worst day, when he's "destroyed" by the competition, he gets second place points, he's going to get another championship. On Bautista's worst day, he's going to devestate a bunch of Italian hardware and score zero points. Melandri did the double last year at PI. After that, Rea won all but six or seven races and locked up the championship early. His worst finish was the 5th at PI and I think he only had one DNF all season.

Bautista is fast and the new Duc certainly looks like it has the goods. I still like Rea for the championship.

4. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Hi...

[​IMG]

i mean, they COULD. and it was almost the same price as that Ducati 20 years ago, but hey... let's entertain the champion's crying a little more. also BMW has one that's like $80k don't they? or did they not make enough of those to count?

G 97 likes this.
  5. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well, to be honest, he was moaning. :D

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Except the R-7 was somewhat of a turd in some respects.

7. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

It's not a street bike and I don't think the carbon fiber frame is allowed.

Sweatypants likes this.
  8. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

The difference is Rea needed a draft to do those top speeds. When he was pushing his own air he was down about 5 mph compared to Bautista.

9. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

a turd compared to what? a pig heavy RC51? a ZX7RR? unlocked it was a monster for its time, which everyone did haha. the chassis is sick. in today's prices it would be like $60k, and development has come a long way since 1999.

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You do a lot of moaning in the dungeon :D :beer:

G 97 likes this.
  11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Difference is that $25k bike will be $18k at dealerships after they sit for 8 months without a bite at the dealerships. Now the Panigale R is an order only bike and fetches MSRP (making it less obtainable).

What everyone ignores is that these factory teams get a bike off the assembly line, completely strip them down and modify every part of the bike. I wouldn't exactly say that Rea or Bautista are riding $25k or $40k bikes.

BMW built enough of them, but the price cap is 40k euro to be homologated for WSBK. HP4 Race was 68k euro.

Sweatypants likes this.
  12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Its really hard on the left hand side of the tire and sometimes it can be very windy?

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Well considering the R-7 never won a championship while both the RC-51 and ZX-7 have. I would say it’s somewhat of a turd in some respects. ;)

14. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

G 97 likes this.
  15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sweatypants likes this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Whole lotta salt around these parts today...

1/2 the BEEB living in Bonneville

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. Think it’s a mix of salt and sand.

19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Finally

20. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Thoughts on that tire life modeling software Ducati uses giving them a leg up? Can they even use it on the pirellis?