1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSS mandatory pit stop

Discussion in 'General' started by 10MM, Feb 21, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The adjusters don't move, so the chain is the same tension. Push wheel forward against adjusters and it is in the same place the other wheel was. Place chain on top of sprocket and spin the wheel backwards to thread it on. They have quick change parts like captive spacers that help a bunch. No way you could change a wheel that quick with a stock set up front or rear.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Copy. I was posting to clarify the "'regular' retail stuff" bit. Pirelli does a very good job of being transparent when they are using production compounds vs. development compounds and when they're using solutions that are specific to a certain track or set of conditions (like Daytona or PI).

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't ask which compounds were involved, since I wouldn't have remembered anyway, but a mistake was made and it wasn't what the other teams were testing with that day.

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

We had to do a pit stop last year in WSS also after several tires had, um, issues, during testing, but there happened to be a red flag which shortened the race and allowed everyone to have fresh rubber for the restart so no flag to flag. All the WSS bikes have quick change set-ups from at least last year when the flag to flag rule was introduced. PI is the only track where it seems to be a problem (that I can remember).

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So the superbike slicks are more durable than the DOT rubber the 600s are using even with more weight and HP pushed through them? The 1000's went the whole race with no stops.