1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite gun, and what's her name?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

HK-94, A3 collapsable stock.

Phl218 and SpeedyE like this.
  2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The Hound: "Of course you named your sword".
    Arya: "Lots of people name their swords".
    The Hound" "Lots of cunts".

Sweatypants and SpeedyE like this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm normally with you Mr.Egg,but I have honestly never named any of my guns.
    Bikes neither,except the gsxr 1k I currently own.
    I named her m-fer after laying in the hospital for 4 days.She earned it,and I stand by that name.
    We have bad mojo together

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. CMRA 270

CMRA 270 Comes here for the latest CMRA gossip

Most of my fav's are from sentimental reasons, but tragically all where lost in a boating accident years ago in another state.

M1 Garand from the CMP
    S&W 686+ Performance Shop

All had names by number stamped on them.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Just like vehicles. I have blue bike, green bike, and leader bike.
    I have red truck, suburban, and black truck.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Let's put an end to this silliness. There are only two things that should be named, bullets and people.
    The names are those of the recipients.
    :D

Phl218 and bored&stroked like this.
  7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I don't shoot it often but probably my great grandfathers Winchester Model 71 (348 win). It was his elk rifle and it's just a nice looking piece of history. ammo is crazy for it, but I've got enough brass to last a few lifetimes. Some day I'll take it west for an Elk hunt (along with a bolt rifle backup).

Other than that, I've got a 6.5 creedmoor on order from Patriot Valley Arms, a John Hancock. I'm pretty excited about that one. I'm sure it'll be a keeper. Will have to be careful about taking it on boating trips, that one would suck to loose. :D

8. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

6" blued Colt Python. Great gun. Was my old mans. No name.

SpeedyE likes this.
  9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My Grandfather's 1903 Remington pump action 22 with an octagon barrel and 4 power scope. Best 22 I've ever shot....Oh...it's Pap Pap's 22

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. Motofun352

Funny, this got me thinking (dangerous, I know!). I've bought lots of guns but none have any real emotional attachment...they're just tools. My GF's guns and father's guns are different. Nothing special, just good solid stuff. The guns I bought are better, more accurate, etc but I'd sell them in a heart beat before I'd let the other stuff go.
    Now I can't wait for the snow to melt, I think I'll take the old pump action 25-20 out (also my GF's) and put some rounds through it. (They are getting hard to find).

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    fastfreddie likes this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

HK45

“Harald Kromer” (just made that up)

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I like the idea of keeping my guns' histories with me...don't like sellin' 'em. I bought 'em for a reason, I'm keeping 'em, they're my favorites...until the next one comes along. :D

jksoft likes this.
  13. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I haven’t named any of mine but my cousin has a huge S&W 44 mag long barrel that’s all silver with a black handle named Stacy. Thing shoots fire out of both ends at night!

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Valmet M78/83 S .. chambered in 7.62 x 51
    It’s my favorite, cuz it’s so rare . Only 49 imported in US ...
    naming guns is gay ... Ntatiwwt :rock:

Phl218 likes this.
  15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Jack,
    With all this talk about GF's I am wondering if you forgot to tell us something...

16. Motofun352

GF= Grand Father....geeeezzz!

SpeedyE likes this.
  17. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Favorite pistol is my STI marauder. It just so damn smooth and fits my small hands.

Long gun has to be my Stoeger M3k. Closing in on 30k rounds now and it just keeps on going .
    Not the most expensive semi shotgun , but you gotta love something that just keeps going and going

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

If I had to pick favorites, I'd have to say my Tikka Tac or my CZ455, because I shoot them by far more than any other guns I've ever had. That being said, I don't have any emotional attachment to them that would keep me from selling them if need be.
    Those guns would be my dads and grandfather's Browning A5's. My dads is well used but still nice. My grandfather's is perfect, with a half box of shells through it since new in 1965.
    And no, no ghey ass names.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seems like no matter what I take to the range the G19 always ends up going along.

My mom keeps a lightweight S&W .38 close by.

Named Rufus.

SpeedyE likes this.
  20. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

My grandfather gave me his favorite Parker Brothers 12gauge. That automatically made my favorite.

Phl218 likes this.