1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRC - Suzuki Racing Corporation

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Feb 14, 2019.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I’m debating about buying stock in Crayola ... with all these maps being made , i’m Seeing a Windfall in 2019 :beer:
    Between Toe using them and Anchovy eating them :D

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

SUUK :D

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Thanks for the routing of my 48 state ride!

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Damn right!

The Yamaha side, at least. Not sure about the other side of the railroad tracks, however.

G 97 likes this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ra.Ge. Raptor likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Is Avintia really better than no satellite team?

I'd look at the well run moto2 or even moto3 teams.

K51000 likes this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I would dye my hair Suzuki blue, well whats left anyway, for a Hairgel/Lucky Stroke (he he get around the ban) run Suzuki team.

Make it happen mini-Pimp

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hairgel will be out there in motoamerica this year but not with a Suzuki. He won't listen to me about running the S brand. :D

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I thought the Yamahas were the ones that the frames break ...

10. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Looks like I'm safe, no route to here and Toe can't make a
    map to here.

11. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

12. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

dont you remember back in the day, Suzuki had something going on and a few years where the frames cracked/broke near the steering head? I even think AOD, or maybe NOTB, had one break from a fairly tame lowside. It was 10-15 yrs ago so its been a while, but there was a lot of talk about this back then. Mainly because the welds themselves would crack or break. Not the area next to the weld, but the weld itself. That is a sign of big issues with process, QC, material used etc. Welds shouldnt crack.

They even did a recall here
    http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...-frame-bracing-replacement-or-reimbursement-/

A quick search found some discussion here
    https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f2/i-guess-some-truth-to-broken-gsxr-frames-16922.html

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Oh yeah - on the 1000 street bikes. But I thought we were talking MotoGP, and I was talking about when the Yamaha M1 tried to kill Spies. I recall a frame breaking, no crash etc - just a failure. And I really hope the robots at the Suzuki plant in 2005 are not the same ones welding the GP unobtanuium bikes now.

Also - it was a passive aggressive defense of Suzuki and poke at another manufacturer. :D

NOTE- I've admitted before I'm a Zuk fan and always will be. Not as diluted as Steeltoe and Roy, but sick none the less. ;)

14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

deluded?

15. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Easiest way to get grid slots. Maybe Avintia wants out and Suzuki plans to gut the team and insert their own guys in there. They need more bikes on grid if they’re serious about winning, which I still doubt even if they make occasional noises about wanting to win. I know they’re not Honda to get random rule changes whenever it suits them, but maybe they can get Dorna to rescind the rule about only 2 bikes per team and and run a third bike from the factory squad.

Suzuki appears to have made an excellent machine and have a great team in Rins and Mir, but they need infrastructure including more bikes if their success is to be more than a flash in the pan.

K51000 likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nah he meant what he said :p

17. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

What I really meant was polluted...:crackup:

Note: it was early and I hadn't had enough coffee. Damn Dave you really are a grammar nazi. :D

18. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Yep, I currently have two running street machines,

K5 LiterBikes that have both had the 'recall' frame brace put on.
    Others on one of the popular Gixxer forums never had it done to theirs, and still no breaks.

I had heard of one breaking on a Pikes Peak Race attempt?