1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's your favorite gun, and what's her name?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Feb 22, 2019.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Or had. I know we have a lot of boating accidents around here.

Demetra. She's a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon II. We've been together many years and have bagged hundreds upon hundreds of grouse, quail and pheasants.

15508513766322.jpg

2. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I've had a lot of stuff over the decades, everything sold off due to financials, few thats left is @ FFL's on consignment. I dont own even 1 gun now. Will never own another.

Fav's Ive had, M16 Commando, MP5, M2 carbine.
    Fav std gun, Sig P229/40 with a P6/9mm slide & bbl fitted to it.

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

83981F34-E261-4EF4-9D65-2E4C483C78F4.jpeg Name is Leroy.

Phl218 and ToofPic like this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Sounds like that sucks considering your background......unless that's the way you prefer it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

6. mike-guy

mike-guy Well-Known Member

I used to buy these weird handguns because I liked them for whatever reason. The problem is they all would have mechanical issues that frustrated the hell out of me. Turns out I like actually shooting guns more then owning them, which isn't surprising because I'm the same way with bikes, cars, etc. So my favorite gun is my S&W M&P 9mm compact 2.0. Nothing interesting or fancy about it but after 2k rounds and yet to have a FTF I'm in love.

StaccatoFan, jasonhise and SpeedyE like this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

The Browning Hi Power that my dad gave me when I got out of boot camp. He basically said I'm a man now and it was time to pass it on to his son. Little would I have guessed that it has become a valuable item, but it's never leaving this family. It will either go to my son or daughter. And no, it doesn't have a name.

[​IMG]online image hosting

Chris, jkraft, DrA5 and 4 others like this.
  8. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

For rifles, my Rhoadisian metric FAL.
    For pistols, the FNP45.

I do not name my weapons. Or vehicles. In fact I only name children.

jasonhise, Photo, Steeltoe and 2 others like this.
  9. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Sir, the Private's weapon's name is Charlene, sir!

ToofPic and ryoung57 like this.
  10. 1975 Colt Python .357 Magnum with an 8“ Barrel. Finest revolver I‘ve ever owned. Bought it NIB in 1993.

Name: Trousersnake.

11. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Browning Superposed. 20ga 30" diana grade.
    It was my fathers favorite gun and my brother and I could not part with it when he passed. We go out to the local trap club once a year and take turns shooting it.

Its name? Dads gun.

12. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Remington 1100 LH with skeet barrel. My first gun, my favorite. No name.

13. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Beretta A391 Teknys 12 gauge. My favorite clay crusher.
    No name, but I should refer to it as my superior because it's far more capable that I am. image000000_18.jpg

eggfooyoung likes this.
  14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Would love to see a pic of that FAL. One of my favorite rifles all-time.

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

It doesn't look Rhodisian anymore. The furniture counted as 3 compliance parts, and of course the receiver is US made as well. So no baby poop camo anymore. It even came with a wooden stock, very rare. I sold the set to a guy making a Rhoadisian replica so it went to a good home. I also went folding stock and have a DSA 18" barrel that will go on eventually. This is it with my Yugo underfolder AK and dumb ass AR.
    401339_599374356742507_352158064_n.jpg

borislav, rd400racer and SpeedyE like this.
  16. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

I like all my guns. Naming guns is gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you.

SpeedyE and ToofPic like this.
  17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Nameless guns?

Buncha soulless ass dick-wads up in here!

18. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Hard to pick just one. If I had to,. it'd probably be my Ruger GP100. 357 magnum 6" barrel, blackout. Not only insanely accurate, but above and beyond reliable with loads that ONLY a Ruger can shoot. I load my own rounds. It's nice to be able to load from plinking 38, to a hunting round capable of pushing 150gr at 2400fps. When your loading manual lists "Ruger only" after "max load", you know you done right. :D

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Sig Sauer P320 in .40 - "Siggy"

20. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Mine's called the "old girl".............not hard to figure out what it is going by my name.SMLE:D.