1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You happy now?

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd rather have a big oversized novelty cheque for $5 (or higher) and the picture with it on the podium :)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pictures are easy, everyone has a cell phone :D

On that note just because - we really would like to do more ceremonies but so many of our riders want to get back on the road when they're done racing it's not always worth it. We still do try a bunch of the time anyway but other times especially if we're running late we just kind of give up on it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

are you saying I'm short?!?! I think you are! War, mother trucker, this is it! :mad:

4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Have you ever done drinking glasses as a trophy? I got one for an autocross years ago and it is still one of my favorite trophies because I drink beer out of it.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, used to do nice etched ones as rider trophies for the endurance series back when it made money (and we could get the glasses on the way out of town right off Hilton Head). Lately the most we've done is pints glasses when we did banquets but those dropped in popularity too so we stopped doing them.

cBJr likes this.
  6. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Yep got one just went looking for can’t find now pissed f! From 92 or 93? MADD now I am

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Hmmm what is short ? I’ve been called worse on national tv

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've got a few leftovers in the cabinet and more in boxes somewhere, they're still cool mugs.

G 97 and VFR#52 like this.
  9. John Branch

John Branch 90125

Too date is was my favorite trophy! Won a mug at CMRA. Funny thing was my teammate was class sponsor and they messed it up! Was Road and Track . They put Road and Truck on it lol.

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doh!

VFR#52 likes this.
  11. John Branch

John Branch 90125

12. John Branch

John Branch 90125

:clap:Now this is my favorite trophy too date

VFR#52 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

to

and there is no pic

:D

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Dan Dubeau

My Sunday softball league does that, and after winning the past 7 out of 8 years the mugs start to pile up. Only one of them has my name spelled right lol. Debeau, Debow, Dubow.....

I use them all the time, but the wife hates them. They're huge, none of them match, and they take up almost an entire shelf in the cupboard :). A bunch of wives complained last year, so we got tee shirts and a hat instead lol

backbone and VFR#52 like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's where they messed up, should have been the same size/shape then you can convince the wife you need a full set to make the cupboard look balanced :D

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. Dan Dubeau

I told her she's too short to worry about what's in that cupboard anyway, that's for tall people :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Bahhhahahhaha.
    I threw all my actually trophies away except my 1st Novice race win and 1st expert race win.
    The placks i hung in wall.
    Have a big ass wall of shame and a medium wall of fame. Lol.
    My Wera vintage ones are stacked up on a dresser at my shop cause im to lazy to hang them.
    They can start taking up alot space if your not careful.

Steven

18. Dan Dubeau

I'd like to hang my plaques up one day, but havn't got around to it.... I used them a while back to hold up a cabinet so I could screw it into the wall over my basement workbench lol.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. backbone

backbone scarred for life

It's mine too :)

20. John Branch

John Branch 90125

650F746C-07F4-413C-B7CC-F8A285F50935.jpeg I am Happy Now! Found it:clap:

Attached Files:

Dan Dubeau, VFR#52 and G 97 like this.