1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Who says they made offers? They didn’t have to make offers to not collude.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It was easy for me after hearing Nate Boyer talk about their meeting together. Colin wasn't bullshitting and neither is Nate.

[​IMG]

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'll let you guys decide who's right.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

5. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Google wins

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No matter what Kap says or what he convinces others of I still won't believe his true reasoning was purely for the good of humanity.

That also has nothing to do with the subject at hand or his upbringing or anything else. There just aren't that many people out there who do good for the sake of doing good.

crashman likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'd believe him if he donates $60 mil to the cause.

8. brex

brex Well-Known Member

His cause was initially for the nookie. He didn't start his act until he started dating that whack job chick and came down from his one season of decent play high.
    Then it became about him.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't follow the NFL at all, including this case/settlement. But wondering once settled are we done hearing about that racist POS?

I ask only cuz I saw a brief headline that CK has his sights on NE Patriots now, please tell me that settlement included a forced retirement?

10. 600 dbl are

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

And he's a fucking Muppet

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Of course its me. :D

I know there were some offer discussions in the making, but no clue how many of them actually came to fruition. But my point still remains that him having/not having an actual offer isn’t proof of corroboration or not. A lot of that would come down to battling over the definition of “reasonable”.

13. 600 dbl are

Kapernick opted out of his 49's contract, he wasn't fired. Denver offered him the job on the condition that the 49's split the difference in his contract buy out, SF refused. The Ravens were in talk with him until his SJW GF opened her dumbass mouth. He recently turned down another job for another league because he wanted 20 million. Between his high salary demands and the BS drama that goes with him it's no wonder no other team wanted him. Who would?

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

The Denver offer was the only one I’m aware of. We’re in agreement on how it played out. I’m just clarifying that there hasn’t been offers ... plural. But we agree. :Beer:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Not getting offers wouldn't strictly prove that they colluded against him. But getting reasonable offers would certainly show that they didn't.
    Why should he want to play in the AAF? Wouldn't you honestly ask for a ridiculous amount if someone offered you a job that you have no interest in? Hell, ask Broome how he handled this very predicament when he was offered a a transfer to Denmark last year. :D It's the same strategy, played with a couple more zeros.

16. 600 dbl are

Unemployed, offered a job, refused it. I guess Nike is still paying him well.

I didn't read the Broome deal. I can only imagine how that conversation went :crackup:

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Agreed. It could. But, again, define “reasonable”. Back-up pay reasonable? Top-10 reasonable? He views himself as God’s gift to football. Just ask him. $5m/year would be an insult.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's for the arbitrator to decide. And apparently, the NFL is not comfortable with taking that chance.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Standing up for middle upper class peeps persecuted everywhere.
    What a hero.

Because you know, growing out an Afro makes it real.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This was how Dani Pedrosa reacted when Suzuki offered him the ride well fuck that midget. Hashtag still mad at the little smartass.

This notion that Cap had a grand plan for a payoff he was absolutely certain would work in his favor is, well that's incredibly creative.