1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kapernick and Nike Deal......

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I respect Colin for what he did and I hope he got PAID and I hope he gets a gig and more fat checks. Dude did more than all of the tough talkers who wouldn't dare step out of line for anything their whole life cause they ain't got the balls one way or the other. And fuck the NFL. Hire a bunch of fucking wife beaters and criminals and nobody bats an eye. Fake ass people out there in this world.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  2. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

He is obviously a Patriot :flag:

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Dude is a fucking hypocrite. Fuck that trash. Fuck him all the way to the bank.

His entire “cause” was centered around complete bukkshit and he’s laughing all the way to the bank.

I’ll give him this, he was smart.

XFBO and sheepofblue like this.
  4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is quite a range between the league minimum and Garoppolo kinda money. If he really was made a reasonable offer consistent with what similar quarterbacks get, why would the NFL settle? That would be quite stupid, especially as it opens the door for more grievances down the road from guys who can't get jobs. Showing those reasonable offers would be all the NFL needs to do to make this go away. I could win this case for them. I imagine that $1000/hr lawyers would do even better. :)

5. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Yup. Whitey got played like a cheap fiddle. Smollet could learn from this grifter.

No different than the guy who walks up to you at the gas station "say man, you got a dolla?"

6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

That shitty wannabe QB that does nothing but ride the bench was just flexing the white privilege he grew up with, that's all.

The NFL is corrupt to the core, it would be cool to see it die.

7. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I can only imagine that it would cost the NFL less to pay him to shut up than it would be to take it to court. How many times do insurance companies do that exact same thing?

He was average at best, but his inflated sense of self worth priced him out of a job. He did that, and now wants to complain that he can't find work. I'm going to tell my boss and every future employer that I'm worth 10 million a year. When they won't hire me, I'll sue them for not hiring me.

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I agree on the wife beaters part.

That said he is a complete POS. He was adopted and treated VERY well by his parents and disgraced them by turning out to be a racist country hating ego maniac. He claims how horrible it is after making more in one year than my entire building (a large building) will. Has HE gone and tried to help kids in poor areas? Some players have. How much of his large income has he donated? I suspect not much. Oh and he was so brave by being a POS once he was relegated to back up status. Now he gets millions from the NFL for being put upon after damaging the leagues marketability worse than the payout he got.

F the NFL, may all the cities that built them huge stadiums suffer along with them and all of them go broke.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Insurance companies don't typically have to worry much about how your car or workplace accident is making them look. They also don't usually settle a case when they hold all the cards to win it. Again, all the NFL needs to do is show that they made decent offers that were turned down. How would that possibly cost them millions of dollars in lawyer fees? Come on, man. It's not like a jury trial where you have to worry about a potentially stupid verdict completely out of line with the facts of the case. That's why they chose arbitration.

Yeah, do that. Report back if they settle.

Steeltoe likes this.
  10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

The NFL didnt want it to go into discovery. Thats when ALL their dirty secrets would come out. Much easier to pay this guy $60mil (or whatever) and be done w/ it and move on. Its a drop in the bucket to them, and totally worth it to avoid having attorneys dig through every single piece of paper related to every part of the business.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's what I said in the beginning: they have something to hide.

12. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

If I had money to tie them up in litigation for years and make it worthwhile for them to settle I could.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, they have boatloads to hide. Nothing when it comes to "colluding to keep a shitty QB out of the league", but discovery would open up everything. No way they were going to let that happen.

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It's a formula. How much to litigate, chance of winning, cost of losing, settlement, all get factored in and they make a decision. It's purely money. The NFL did nothing different. They factored in reduced revenues from bad press, cost to litigate, etc, and decided it was cheaper to just pay him the money and move on.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Like the BOD of the CMRA ? :D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

If they made him a reasonable employment offer, how are the chances of winning the arbitration anything less than 100%? He should be the one to worrying about bad press after he is exposed.

:D

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Why do they have to show he was even made a reasonable offer? All they have to do is prove a negative ... no corroboration. But in order to do so, they open themselves up to EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes. I have no doubt they didn’t want to do that.

I also have little doubt that some owners did, in fact, discuss how they felt Kap wasn’t worth the fight to bring on board. Demanding too much money, surrounded by too much controversy, with not enough surefire wins based on his skills. Corroboration? Probably not. Enough to give pause to people in this whacked out society to burn them? Look at the settlement offer.

XFBO likes this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, I don't know… Maybe because they want to win this case and prove to the public that they did not collude against him? I would think it's a good enough reason. What would be the point of hiding the offers they made?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I printed out lots of stuff and if I missed anything it's still here :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd agree if I thought for a second he truly did it out of a belief instead of being an attention whore who was being shuffled further towards oblivion.

Hell, I'd be happy with the attention whoring if he'd done anything with it, instead it did nothing but get a lot of people more pissy with each other over things that aren't truly the problems they're facing.