1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck Topper

Discussion in 'General' started by CJ, Nov 14, 2018.

1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I have the same truck and the same problem finding a white one in nice condition. Plenty of bed covers but no toppers is what Im seeing, especially for the 09-14 F150.

2. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

I happen to have one in my yard Id love to get rid of. Its all steel with the big door in the back and no real windows, work truck style. I'm near Nashville, if that sounds like something your interested in I can send pics and measurements along. It came off a Dodge Ram pickup, short bed I believe.

3. duc995

duc995 Yep…

rd400racer likes this.
  4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I just ordered an ARE for my F150, there are no/very few used for the new F150. If you decided to buy new get ready to get your shit pushed in :D

6. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

You still have this? Any pics you could text?

Ducti89 likes this.
  7. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

I almost shit a brick when I got a quote for a new one for my 14 ram 2500. 2500 bucks plus "install" fee.

That being said I am trying to find a used one to fit the 6.5 foot bed if anyone has anything laying around :beer:

K51000 likes this.
  8. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I put a color matched Leer on my 01 Dakota Quad Cab when it was new.
    I ordered it with the front slider window, to go with the rear slider window on my QC. Also sliding side windows with screens. Also a Yakima roof rack.

Its been on the truck most of it's life. It's been awesome, like on trips putting a mattress in the bed, it has a 12V jack back there too! Lap tops, small TV's, etc. It's really been great all these years on all kinds of trips with the bed covered,, etc.

CharlieY likes this.
  9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

rd400racer likes this.
  10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Fastback pickup toppers have been tried before. Every one failed to sell well.

11. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

I do. Can you give me a few days, Kurt? Its at my buddy’s shop still.

12. Woofentino Pugr

Had a Leer on my Dakota. Never make that mistake again. Topper showed up, rear door never would shut right (had slam lock latches like a car door). Shut it and when you drove, one side woul pop to the 1st latch position so the one side would stick out 1/2 inch from the seal. Leer dealer was no help. Said I "moved the topper". Leer itself was no help and could care less. Nearest other dealer was near Milwaukee. Just said fuck it and just never fixed it. Also the weather belt on the flipout side window kept coming loose until I replaced the 2 sided tape with good 2 sided tape. Latches corroded on a regular basis. Went through 3 OEM t-handles due to the lock corroding so I couldn't even get the key in. FOund an online place that sold replacement ones and the aftermarket one lasted 5 yrs vs the 1.5yrs on ave the OEM ones did and were half the price.

Oh reason the rear window never shut was the hinge mount on the shell side was drilled wrong and put pressure on the frameless glass. Something I found out much much later.

I have a Lakeland Topper on my Sierra. Built much nicer than the Leer I had.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

That Fastback truck doesn't even fit well. It's all over the side of the truck. I mean, I guess it's standard Ford "Quality"

14. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I've got a Hi-top Leer on my 13 Tacoma, and really like it.....sliding windows, composite insulated roof, and headliner, 12v light and plug-in.

It definitely wasnt cheap.

I've had none of the issues mentioned earlier here, so I guess results may vary.

15. Woofentino Pugr

Picture of it on a regular F150 fit fine. Its the Raptor with its gay flares that give it that look.

16. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

What is the point of these things? I've owned nothing but trucks for over 15 years and I've never understood why people buy them. Also, they're ugly as fuck.