1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some cat advice

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Jan 29, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Well fellas, my story has a sad ending. Annabelle continued to get worse each day, despite visits to the vet for anti-inflammatories, steroids and pain killers. A few days ago we noticed that she was mostly blind and it was getting difficult for her to eat. 2 days ago, she started having mild seizures, and they grew worse yesterday during the day. My wife took her to the vet and they put her on oxygen and another pain killer. I met her there, and we decided that it was time, but we didn't want her to leave at the vet, so we arranged for a doc to come to our home. It was all over 2 hours later. We are devastated but as I'm sure many of you know, its a part of life. We still have our 15 year old kitty with us and will spend our time spoiling her while we can. Thanks for all the support and wisdom. It means a lot. :)

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Sorry to hear, man. Was hoping for a more positive outcome, here.

ToofPic likes this.
  3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, I had hope with what you said earlier that it was curable. She obviously had a good life....remember the good parts.

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. She was fortunate to have great parents.

5. joec

joec brace yourself

What a drag. Sorry to hear. You did what you thought was best and that's all you can do. Chin up and enjoy the rest of your weekend. And thank you for taking care of animals that without you who knows what woukd have happened to them. Good people around here.

6. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Sorry for your loss.

7. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Sorry for your heartbreak. I know it is always tough to put a pet down but in time (if not already) you will realize it was the right thing to do for your cat and for you. I just went through it 2 months ago with my cat of 17 years. I tried not to focus on her passing but all the happiness, personality and comfort she proved to me and I provided for her.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sorry about your buddy Richard. R.I.P Little Annabelle.

9. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

I've only read the first page, so I'm late to this discussion. But my cat died two weeks ago. And this quote sums it up. Don't hang on too long. The end was rough for me and my cat/buddy. My cat suffered in the end.

10. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sorry man. Sounds like it was a good cat that lived an awesome life.

12. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear bud..

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Much thanks!

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry for you and your wife. Glad you still have one cat to love.

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Sorry for the outcome. :(
    RIP kitty.

At least you and your wife still have one to love on.

16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. That's rough. At least you know you tried to help her as much as possible.
    RIP kitty.

17. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

RIP Annabelle.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry dude. :(

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Sorry bud.

20. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817