1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kris Kaiser of Khill

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducti89, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Has sadly passed away. Im d0 not know any particulars of his passing. My cousin drove for him two seasons ago.

RIP, sir.

2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Massive heart attack a few nights ago is what I've been told. Early morning Monday I think.

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

4. Paddy O

Paddy O Well-Known Member

I raced in SCCA club Formula Atlantic from 1995-2006 and raced Kris a few times, a notable good dice with him at the 1997 SCCA Runoffs when we both drove green Swift DB4/Toyotas. If K-Hill racing folds up that will kill off the Atlantic pro series as half of the grid was K-Hill cars. He was a real character.

5. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Wow sad news, a good friend of mine Bobby Brown had him work and transport some of his cars, i always heard great things about Kris. God Speed and God Bless his family.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  6. Paddy O

THE Bobby Brown? Cobra, CanAm, Atlantic and still racing. He is my hero and Mark Knoffler wrote a song about him!

ajcjr likes this.
  7. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Not sure about the THE lol, he was just down in Savannah last week with Kris running a car. Hails from Long Island. Phenomenal person and driver.

8. Paddy O

Yes, that is him, his father was a Chevrolet dealer on Long Island. I have seen him at several vintage races but never had the courage to go talk to him, I would act like a 12 year old school girl with a crush! Seriously, he raced just about every cool race car and pro road race series from the 1960's to 1980's. He raced Hulme amd Mclaren in CanAm and Villeneuve and Rosberg in Atlantic. Ask him if he has considered writing a book, the Corvette in the cornfield story alone would be entertaining.

ajcjr likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

They still own the dealership, Bobby is a great guy and easy to speak to.