1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire question

Discussion in 'General' started by sportracer07, Feb 5, 2019.

1. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Hey guys I guess I have been under a rock somewhere, but I went to order a set of tires from race tire service. And was informed that steve brubaker had retired. SOO question is where or who do I get my Dunlop slicks from now??

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Depends on your location. Where you at?

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

stickboy??

5. sportracer07

Sorry I should have included that. Im in wv. Also one more quick question, have any of you ever ran "street tires" as rain tires? I have heard a few guys saying they run street tires instead of buying rains? If so what would be good tires for that, ill just buy them for my street bike and let them do double duty lol. And turboblew, im not familiar with stickboy??

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  6. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

“Street” tires are no where even in the ballpark of as good as rain tires. Spend the money get rains.

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

If we are talking about riding fast on a racetrack only in the wet then rains are the only way to go.

And who are these few guys, so we can all run away as fast as possible.

8. sportracer07

I have a set of rains that have only been ran once, but they are about 6 or 7 years old and have a few very small cracks, so im scared of them lol.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

O
    _. I. _
    /\

My best version of Stick!

10. Marid2apterbilt

Marid2apterbilt Well-Known Member

Derrek bennett
    Stickboyracing.com

11. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Bigunmotorsports.com is your closest source. Tim Bemisderfer handles summit point, njmp Pittsburgh and north. 717-377-6948

12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Off an on light showers mixed with sunshine at a track day you are doing for fun, a street tire can be your friend. Beats spending all day swapping from slicks to rains to slicks to rains and occasionally realizing you made the wrong choice when you go out. With that said, if you see enough rain to form a puddle on track, pull in and park until it dries it or switch to rains.

Racing or using a track day as race practice is a different story.

13. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Whenever does this happen? Not often. If it’s to wet to run slicks run rains. Much rather burn up rains and be safe then run a street tire and tip toe around a racetrack that’s no fun.

14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Current high performance DOT tires have so few grooves you're kidding yourself if you think they will channel a lot of water. I've found scuffed slicks or race DOTs on a wet track aren't bad as long as there's no standing water and the set up is soften up and you ride to and not over the conditions. And I agree with JB33 run the rains and have more fun with more confidence.

15. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Time to slice the sidewalls and recycle them