1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cordless tool sets?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

In a professional environment the hog ring holds up way better than the ball and is replaceable when it wears out. I love mine, when I was a tech I used a Makita 3/8 more than any other tool, now my m18 fuel 3/8 blows it away but I dont use it professionally anymore. Also the m12 3/8 ratchet is pretty awesome.

Forgot to mention, I've done a tire rotation with my m18 fuel 3/8 impact on my 2500 Ram Cummins just to see if it would do it. The thing has some balls for sure.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

3. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This thread got me off my ass and I just bought a compact M18 fuel 1/4" impact (tool only as I have 4 batteries) for $65 on Amazon.

4. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

6. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

XFBO likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

It has served me well while working on my diesel F250, although I would never consider myself a true diesel mechanic. :D

8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Chris likes this.
  9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That's correct, HD just sent me a cheesy $10 off coupon for purchases over $100, gonna wait til I get at least 10% off offer.

10. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Here’s a good deal

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Li-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-3-Tool-Combo-Kit-with-Drill-Driver-Impact-Driver-Circ-Saw-Batteries-Charger-P1837/305439006?irgwc=1&cm_mmc=afl-ir-10451-456723-&clickid=wZpx:-R0-Qetxyj2kbxDnUZzUkgVYnxNQ3wHT80

Brushless with batteries, but the bonus is that you get an additional 2 free tools of your choice ($129 or less each) at checkout.

Edit - free tools are from this promo which apparently is still going on if you can find the qualifying combos in store. https://www.homedepot.com/c/Gift_Ideas

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  11. joec

joec brace yourself

I looove that thing for setting up outside on job sites.

12. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I love makita, I used to like dewalt until we picked up some makita and Milwaukee drills at work. So I had plenty of use of each to see what I prefer and it was the makita everytime.

13. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

^^^this^^^

If you register them and they break, just take them back and get a new one....
    I just got tired of taking Rigid product back when they broke down.....
    Rigid tools have never lasted me more than 3 months before something broke....
    Granted, I think they would be fine for a homeowner who used the tool sporadically....daily....no....

14. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

makita, dewalt, craftsman , and even some chicago tool in my cordless tool cabinet( all getting some age on them) but I reach for the new cordless kobalt 24v tools now. their impact wrench will break loose nuts that the others won't touch and the battery life is phenomenal and they were on sale. just mentioning that. the best to all. b bill

15. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I bought into the Flexvolt system so I could cover lots of tools, with a minimum of batteries. And they have a nice portable air compressor that runs on one 60V pack. Last christmas they had some good deals at Home Depot. So I ended up with grass trimmer, chainsaw, sawzall, circular saw, impact, and drill. All covered by the same 60v packs. I've used the compressor more than anything. 4 motorcycles, and a truck that seems to attract damn nails, has kept it somewhat busy. The chainsaw has come in useful in cutting down random small nuance trees. Haven't had an opportunity to use the circular, yet.

XFBO likes this.
  16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

17. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Too funny, that was the only tempting thing on the list :D

19. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

I have quite a few of the Dewalt 20v items so figured the heated hoodie might be nice.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same here, just not sure how big the triple fat actually is or I'd probably order one. Have 3 or 4 batteries floating around that could be put to great use.