1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailer floor options

Discussion in 'General' started by TipzR6, Jan 31, 2019.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Headed to Jennings this weekend and just ran a swifter wet sweeper over my rubber coin flooring. I love this stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TurboBlew, Chris and TLR67 like this.
  2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I need to get one of those things... looks good..

3. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at getting a trailer with 7' interior height and i think i'll put that flooring in it instead of painting.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Do it... you won’t regret it.. just get black..

5. lazlo

lazlo Stand up guy who corners low.

Large coin or small coin?

Black to hide scuffs?

6. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Mine has the rubber coin type flooring but it's a raised cross hatch. Looks like rubberized expanded metal. Works really well. Don't get it we though. I would highly recommend a strip of grip tape on the ramp for traction. I bit it loading up at Roebling in the rain.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Isn't the shag for the van you use to tow the trailer?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah one thing absolutely positively is a must - do NOT do diamond plate on the floor but especially do not put any on the ramp, if you get a trailer with it on the ramp door remove it or cover it. If you do Herculiner or the like make absolutely sure you get it rough enough on the ramp so it's not slippery. Way too many people bust their asses on ramps. The rubber coin stuff can be great inside but also can be slippery on the ramp.

DaveB likes this.
  9. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

The place where I purchased my enclosed trailer coated it with bedliner. They hadn't tried it before on a wooden trailer floor and asked if I was willing to be their guinea pig. That was in 2002. Still looks perfect.

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My rubber coin is grippy not slippery. The wood was slicker when wet?

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I have the same in the pic... yes Black to hide scuff’s. You cant avoid that or paint on your hot tires with a painted floor...

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Yes rubber coin or bed liner. If you spill any gas or oil on deck paint, it will peel.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on the mat I'm sure - and yeah even at their slipperiest it's always better than plain wood :)

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Covering your wood in rubber is always a good idea.

Razr likes this.
  15. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Are you guys gluing the coin down or running fasteners around the perimeter?

16. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I think you can have issues with creases if you try to glue or fasten it down and the temp fluctuates a lot and the material expands/contracts.

Buddy of mine runs the coin flooring in his BBQ competition trailer and just left it "floating" and hasn't had an issue. Obviously that won't work on the ramp door.....

renegade17 likes this.
  17. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Mine was one solid piece. I cut it to fit. I did glue the edges. Haven’t had any problems. As for the ramp I fastened it down with mechanical fasteners.

renegade17 likes this.